Only 8-bit platformers in the store?

Up to a max of 65535.

6 Likes

It’s under-played because most folks don’t care for 2D platforming games anymore. I wouldn’t mess with that game even if it was free.

1 Like

you see, that’s your loss. I suspect you must be quite young. I’m 39 and I can’t wait to play that game, and I’ve been playing The Messenger atm, and it’s awesome, but then again, I grew up with such games, so that might be the difference between us.

That doesn’t mean I don’t play RDR2 atm as well, and next will be Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order and then Control, and I should get back to Ass Creed Odyssey as well…

7 Likes

tenor

11 Likes

nah, it should be about 13.5k below that actually, pretty sure

4 Likes

I think it’s underplayed due to lack of exposure, with all of the junk games that come onto the Steam platform on a daily basis. It’s a hidden gem that’s not had enough attention.

I am glad that by the giveaways on Epic it will garner a lot more attention.

I am only saddened by the fact that you feel that 2D platforming games are no longer a worthy-even-free style of game. I completely agree with @M00 and @KSib, I had to reread your line a few times to make sure I was understanding it properly.

7 Likes

good luck trying to convince that to the hordes of people eagerly awaiting Hollow Knight Silksong, or Ori and the Will of the Wisps, etc, etc, etc :+1:

11 Likes

The majority of gamers out there aren’t looking for 2D sprite games. Those you mentioned are good, however I would wait until the best sale to buy them. 2D games are just limiting - left to right or vice-versa.

I get it - if I had a store I would defend the merchandise too.

1 Like

not one owner of the store has said anything in this topic; these are all customers like yourself

8 Likes

I was going to dive in but decided to just sigh at the generalisations instead. Lé Sigh!

6 Likes

Stardew Valley, Rimworld, Factorio, etc would disagree :slight_smile: I know you are talking more about platformer games but people still love 2D games. If the gameplay is good, most people do not care.

7 Likes

I bet you these people complaining about the store only offering 2D games wouldn’t complain if something like Stardew Valley, Graveyard Keeper or Crypt of the Necrodancer were the ones on offer.

As is, a few of the games on offer drops cards and though cards don’t fetch a whole lot, at least I made a few cents for nothing :blush:

4 Likes

lol I am sure they wouldn’t complain if they including those but I was just pointing out that there is still a huge demand for 2D games. You have even included 2 more great ones :slight_smile:

5 Likes

As someone whose top 2 favorite genres are arcade-style-shmups and platformers-without-hack-and-slash-elements, what makes those games fun is overcoming the challenges set forth by those limitations, kinda like an obstacle course. Sure, the only way to get past the spike wall is to do a precise jump over it from left to right, but executing that jump successfully is what we enjoy doing. It’s rare for a 3D game to offer that same type of challenge without running into visibility issues or locking movement to a 2D plane anyway (or almost 2D, in the case of Super Mario 3D Land/World). Hence, there’s still a fanbase for 2D games.

And that generalization is neglecting all the 2D games where you can also move up and down (e.g. Zelda, Startropics, Ittle Dew, Hotline Miami, Hyper Light Drifter, etc.).

6 Likes