"no-one has to die."

I’ve had great experiences with browser games. One of the most memorable one I’ve played is:

no-one has to die.

I highly recommend this gem for anyone interested in puzzles, complex stories and different and unexpected endings… I’ll say no more! Try it for yourselves, people! :slight_smile:

:butterfly:

13 Likes

I played that game when Extra Credits recommended it, and I wouldn’t call those puzzles. You’re essentially just choosing who has to die until the very end of the game (which is the same no matter who you save). The game could be remade as a Visual Novel without losing any of the original game’s experience. If you’re interested in “complex stories and different and unexpected endings,” then yes, but puzzles? No.

1 Like

Fair enough! It’s been some time since I played it from start to finish, and what stuck the most with me was the story, not the puzzles. So you’re correct! Thanks for pointing that out. (:

Having enjoyed Universal Paperclips so much I have a new found curiousity for browser games…will look into this, thanks!

1 Like

(I may or may not be obsessively playing Universal Paperclips right now because of your thread)

1 Like

Thank you for recommending this! ^^ I played it last night and it blew my mind. The story was great! And I love how everything linked up in the end. I even got my boyfriend to play it :joy: awesome stuff

2 Likes

I’m so glad you enjoyed it! I remember being blown away the first time I played it as well.

Haha and what did he think? Did he enjoy it as well? I hope so! :slight_smile: :butterfly:

1 Like

Haha I think I overhyped it a bit :sweat_smile: he did really enjoy it but he didn’t like the ending - he thought it was aniclimatic :slightly_frowning_face: But I had fun watching him! :blush::tulip:

2 Likes

If you liked this game i think you should look at

it has a similar premise and style of gameplay (lots of talking, multiple branching paths, descisions on who dies, explore all paths to lead to a final expose) but has genuine puzzles in it (though from memory they are still mostly easyish). I watched someone play it on twitch and was hooked on the story. It will take a fair few hours (about 20 or so) to get though it but I think you will enjoy it.

EDIT: Also forgot to say this is the third game in a trilogy of Zero Escape games, cant vouch for the other two but I believe they are along the same lines though i believe they were originally made for the DS but revamped a bit for steam and have a visual novel style rather than the cut scene style of the third game

2 Likes

Worth mentioning that Zero Time Dilemma has character interactions that make no damn sense if you have not played the first two games. There are backstories and shared experiences that happened before ZTD which the game does not bother explaining.

Good games though and some day I will play them!

2 Likes

Hey, thank you so much for the recommendation! Will keep an eye out for this title. Seems like my sort of thing from what I can gather. :smile:

Oh, thanks for letting me know! I’ll look for the first two games. :butterfly:

1 Like

No problems, first two games are combined in the second link i mentioned

1 Like