New DOOM movie.

Have you seen the trailer for DOOM Annihilation the new sequel to DOOM (2005)?

Yep, a sequel to one of the most mocked video game movies ever that’s being released 14 years after the original… it might even be worse than the original.
giphy

5 Likes

Did…did they replace DOOM guy with a female lead?

And if the movie trailer doesn’t emphasize gore and fear, then yea it’s going to be bad.:disappointed:

5 Likes

I wonder who they are hoping will go watch this movie. Only demo I can think of would be trainwreck enthusiasts.

3 Likes

Never played the game and the trailer doesn’t exactly tell you much does it?

2 Likes
15 Likes

neither does the game honestly, some company opened a portal to hell to use its energy, bad things came through, Doom guy tries to clean up the mess, something like that

3 Likes

I do have a bad feeling about this…

3 Likes

Looks like a terrible made for TV movie. If you’re going to make a DOOM movie, just take the plot of Aliens and replace the aliens with demons! ez

3 Likes

this twit crash the movie

2 Likes

Well, there are two (or 3 technically) DOOM characters.

First is DOOM guy, a human marine with a good conscience who gets demoted and sent to Mars. Then demons arrive when they open a portal and he kills demons.

Second is DOOM slayer, an ancient human(?) warrior who betrayed his people to demons and was subsequently betrayed (go figure). Goes berserk, gets blessed with incorruptibility, wears demon armor to heal when he kills, fights in the demonic plains for eons and pushes demons back, gets sealed in a coffin until humans find him on Mars and open it.

The last movie had DOOM guy and this movie looks like the same idea. No super demon killing berserk ancient human.

I actually prefer DOOM slayer because he has a more interesting backstory.

5 Likes

You need two things for a proper DOOM movie:

1. Hugo Martin
  2. Guillermo Del Toro
2 Likes

*because of a bunny
:point_up_2: this is important :grin:
#Daisy :rabbit:
:rofl:

5 Likes

There’s no audience for a movie like this. Doom has always been slightly tongue in cheek scifi horror which won’t attract a big budget, which in turn won’t make a decent movie.

If you want to do Scifi horror then just get someone to work on the Event Horizon script and make it better. Then remake that.

3 Likes

I enjoyed the original Doom movie in all its stupidity, and this also looks like something I’d enjoy, despite looking cheaply made and even dumber than the first. However, for both of them, I wonder if they’d have not been better off not licensing the Doom IP and putting that money into the film instead, as they have only the most superficial and worthless connections to it. Then again, people complaining might be publicity worth paying for, it’s more word-of-mouth than non-licensed B-movies tend to get otherwise.

2 Likes

exactly, not to mention all the 12-year-olds who are going to be excited for it, especially if they also throw some skin in the mix

2 Likes

Agree… That is a movie I would watch. Thanks for filling in the blanks.

I just knew that the guys at College would play it during downtime, but it looked so dark and gory back then, didn’t really pay too much attention.

3 Likes