Thursday: Space Marines 2

I’m not sure it’s still worth it, hence why i stopped. But i wouldn’t know. haven’t looked into it for years now.

well, it could be worth it since cases have become so expensive, so it might even be more worth it now than it used to be, but when i quit it was because cases had become worthless (0.03 or 0.04 a piece)

2 Likes

I can see The Lies of Pi being a popular game to watch, you streamed the demo right?

2 Likes

I did yes. I had lots of fun, and it was the most popular stream by far as well, though I imagine that’s just because I was in that category and so ppl were wondering if perhaps someone got early access or something, though my description ofc showed it was the demo.

It will definitely be very popular on Twitch, which will probably result in me being completely submerged by millions of other streamers playing the same game, not to mention 80% of the big ones, so not sure it’s the smartest move, but I have to try and see what works to learn (and hopefully get lucky).

1 Like

yo, I’m very excited to announce that @GeekInUndies and @Animosity have generously accepted to be mods on the channel, which is amazing news to me as you never know what can happen.

I’ve also started talking to a dude on fiverr who does emotes and stuff, so perhaps these things will be coming much sooner than expected and hopefully add to the channel’s attractiveness.

And i’ve also finally figured out how to activate bettertv emotes on my own channel, so there’s now 50 cool emotes which viewers (followers?) can also use if they have that extension. (I’m actually confused now, but I imagine anyone can use those emotes as long as they have the extension.)

3 Likes

ok, going live, 1 free sub will be given away during the stream, probably around the two-hour mark

going to be trying to keep on going in Dark Souls

2 Likes

ok, was able to come to an agreement for the emotes and stuff, and hopefully i should have 10 emotes, subbadge, and twitch banner in 6 days!

2 Likes

ok, I’ve done a lot of work to try and implement rly cool channel point rewards (with videos). I’ve tried to follow the instructions I could find, but no idea if it actually will work. It’s definitely adding to the tension for today’s stream

:scream: :scream: :scream:

if it does work it will be so cool but also so goofy at the same time, lol, but im rly worried we’re gonna hit the channel points rewards and nothing will happen at all rofl

2 Likes

ok, the channel now has dedicated YouTube, Twitter, and Discord channels, so it’s starting to look like a real, proper thing

2 Likes

God luck! I have no idea how you grow something like this except word of mouth or being lucky with the algorithm.
I don’t really talk that much video games outside of this community.

Aside, did you beat Ornstein and Smough? It seems like a tough fight.

3 Likes

I did man! I was having such a hard time dying over and over again. I felt like I could do it but needed more damage output to finish Ornstein off after killing Smough, and then someone in chat asked me if I had found a particular weapon or not, and I did and equipped it, and then the fight became easy as hell. I think I did it in 3 tries then.

I might try the Payday 3 demo today before continuing Dark Souls but at the moment it looks like nothing is working on their side, not even able to create an account atm, so we’ll see about that.

For some weird reason that was my best stream average-viewer-wise too, though it wasn’t the one with the most unique viewers at all, far from it, so I’m kind of puzzled by it. No idea where most viewers came from nor what made them stick more to the stream this time. Perhaps the difficulty of that fight? I don’t know.

thx for coming by btw. I very much appreciate that!

2 Likes

Cheese strats huh?
Git gud and do it barehanded you cheater.

3 Likes

I’m not a Twitch regular, but i can get that some people whant to watch the boss fights.

3 Likes

nah man, no cheese at all, just a better weapon

if anything, Ornstein’s the one handing out the cheese, attacking me through Smough over and over again

speaking of barehanded, I was backstabbing an enemy over and over again, wondering why I wasn’t doing any damage to him at all, even saying he must be bugged or something, and then it turned out I didn’t have my weapon equipped, and it rly looked like I was f*sting him :joy: :scream: :rofl:

3 Likes

Do you have a clip of that? Sounds funny!

Edit: nevermind, didn’t realise that was the video on YouTube. Not always easy to see on mobile.

Edit 2: yes I see it now. It’s funny, just didn’t realise what i was watching the first time.

3 Likes

yeah, it’s not that obvious from the clip anyways cuz one of the kids happened to clip that and I just went with that. It would have been better for me to make my own clip with more of my reaction afterwards, which would have made that much more obvious. I’m slowly learning this stuff, but I also have to be careful cuz this thing is already affecting my income at the moment as I’m also busy during the day looking how to do things etc. instead of trying to catch incoming jobs in the job queue, lol. But it’s just the beginning so I guess it makes sense too. It’s just a balancing rhythm thing I need to get into. I definitely feel like it’s worth the time investment atm though, and I’m enjoying it very much.

2 Likes

You have like 5 videos on YouTube and have been streaming for 2 weeks. Probably takes some time to learn.

3 Likes

yeah, and those videos are simply twitch clips :rofl: so that doesn’t even rly count rofl. I don’t care about YouTube at all atm tbh. I’d love to put vods on there (I’ve tried to export them to youtube and it says it will cut them up and post them in 15 min videos but it fails every time) and with time maybe have someone edit videos, but atm I’m just throwing clips out there in the hope it brings a viewer or two to the stream.

3 Likes

yo guys, ok, i actually had some time today to look into how to reframe each channel point video individually on the screen and they should now play on the left lower corner of the stream (except for flashbang and boom) instead of right in the middle, so good progress and very happy with that!

3 Likes

going live early today guys, hopefully a longer stream today, should give a free gifted sub around the 4-hour mark

3 Likes

Sunday Funday gonna be playing

into possibly something else

2 Likes