Thursday: Space Marines 2

Congratulations. Now you can live in fear of demonetization and unjust bans like everyone else who isn’t the top 5 streamers.

3 Likes

Congrats!

Now to spend tons of money on getting equipment and stuff, heh. Anyway, I’m glad you’ve got it. :grin:

3 Likes

dude, lol, i literally just ordered a mic right as that email came in. I thought it was the Amazon mail to confirm the mic order but it was this Twitch mail, OMG.

Anyway, it’s still a pretty cheap mic (though very overpriced here, like double the amount in $ :unamused:). I should have it in 2 days or so, but it should be a great improvement, hopefully.

I also have my faster internet back, finally, after complaining for 2 days. So that should be good too.

To celebrate I think I’ll play the Lies of P demo on stream today, and that will also be a good test because I’m considering streaming that game live on release in the hopes that perhaps some people do notice my stream (though I understand that’s very, very unlikely to happen with such a big game, but nothing to lose!)

4 Likes

Nice. Don’t forget the headphones, the sound tampering thing, the webcam, the curved monitors and increase your internet capacity. After all that’s how you do streaming, right ? :wink:

Jokes aside, I hope you’re successful in this new career as a streamer. It won’t be easy and you’ll have to innovate yourself everyday to get at least some loyal fans. Feel free to take inspiration from the big streamers but don’t let jealousy take over you or start comparing yourself with others. This kind of stuff won’t help you out and it’ll only serve to discourage you further to stop what you like to do.

This game looks interesting, and I hope to catch your stream and contribute with my view.
Do you have plans to get Starfield ?

4 Likes

thx man, rly appreciate all the good advice

Not atm cuz it needs to run on an SSD, and I only have a small SSD for my C and then my games on HDD, but hopefully I’ll be able to rectify that later.

I hope to go live in the next half hour or so, would be great to see you there :smiley:

4 Likes

You’re welcome.

I see. It’s just that as a stremer you now have to play new, popular and trending games to stay relevant, you know. It’s part of the job, for the better or worse.

I’ll look forward to it.

3 Likes

First stream as a Twitch affiliate!!!

4 Likes

Congrats!
Now you to can be sponsored by Raid Shadow Legends!!

6 Likes

Got catch another one of your streams. ^^. The :cow: that never gives up in a tough fight. XD

3 Likes

FREE SUBS!!! lol

for Subtember, I’m going to be giving away 1 gift sub every stream during the whole month

(it will go to a random viewer)

4 Likes

Free subs! Can i get mine with extra veggies? :rofl:
sub

Seriously bro congrats again. :heart:

4 Likes

for you, everything extra XD

ty so much man! and ty for the support!

3 Likes

my kids are currently working on a few (very basic) custom sub emotes and a unique (very basic) sub badge (I’m way behind schedule on my translation deadline as is and struggling hard cuz I can’t focus at all with this whole Twitch thing :rofl: which is why I can’t do it myself atm), and then with time, I hope to look into hiring someone to do some proper quality stuff.

4 Likes

Oh, so your kids are part of you stream staff now ? Hopefully they’re getting paid enough for this. :joy:
Jokes aside, it’s good to see you dedicating yourself to it. It show you’re really enjoying it.

3 Likes

dude, full food and lodging :joy: (and free subs too XD) (and I’m sure it beats doing regular household chores too)

I am enjoying it a bit too much. I’m too obsessed right now and it affects my work big time atm XD.

But that kind of makes sense though. I’ve been thinking about and hoping to do this for years now, so it’s a bit like a dream come through. :star_struck:

also, real talk, I’m getting older, and though I’m Belgian, I live in Egypt (as most of you know). If I do live to reach the age of retirement, I’ll have zero pension because I haven’t paid taxes to Belgium in 17 years (and I don’t have to since I don’t live there. I don’t think I could even cuz I’m registered as having officially left the country to live elsewhere permanently.) So I also have no social security, no financial aid for my kids, no financial aid for schooling [and as foreigners, they can’t even go to public schools, so I’ve been paying my but of all these years for private schools too] or healthcare, etc. And that’s fine with me. But so then I think it will be a lot easier for me to stream a few hours a day than to keep working the way I have been for years and years and years now (up to 11h/day 7/7 for 4 years at one time)…

so, yeah, I wanna give it my all (but I won’t do what I don’t want to do either, and in the end [and to begin with], all comes from God regardless)

3 Likes

Ah, ok. That’s better. :smiley:

That’s good to know! :grin:
Reminds me how I’ve started SFM as a hobby and now I’m becoming a full fledge 3D artist because of it. I’m still not that popular but I’m getting there!

I see. I also have mental issues and I have zero coverage from the government, so mostly of my money I get are from commissions and Patreon while being supported by my father. It’s not ideal but one day I’ll go after my rights and set things straight.

Anyway, I hope things go well for you and that your streaming career goes well as planned. :+1:

2 Likes

you too man, may God make it easier for you

2 Likes

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Here’s a streamer you can use as a reference. He has an avatar to represent himself and it has a little animation on screen on his lives.

2 Likes

mh, yeah, i actually dont like that at all XD

look at this streamer, for example, my personal favourite:

he’s huge, and he doesn’t need that; I do understand he’s obviously an exception, but it is what it is

2 Likes

I see. Different strokes for different folks.

Yeah, 15k+ people watching, nice. I can see why you like him.

2 Likes