Memes, Memes Everywhere

EDIT: Ugh, why isn’t embedding working? Alt link: https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptidCats/comments/sa0n9m/speeeen_d/

5 Likes
4 Likes

4 Likes

*Two great clips, that clip great together… (taken from She-hulk season 1, episode 3 twerk and episode 1 clap)

4 Likes

6 Likes

4 Likes

Whenever a spiderweb hanging from the ceiling catches on my head, I say “I tall, ick!” (Italic) :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Just for @markwr …Do they still use these in schools?

3 Likes

I don’t recall using a protractor too much. But I do remember using a Circular Slide Rule.

I think this model looks a bit like a remember:

3 Likes

I remember protractors were included in most school ruler kits when I went to school, but I didn’t need to use a protractor even once. The only classes I had that dealt with angles at all were mathematics and physics classes, and there, angles were either given or needed to be calculated, not measured. Even after school, any time I needed to know an angle, calculating it has been the way to go, I guess I just don’t work with physical angles very often.

And wow, slide rules! Never got to learn to use those, it was all electronic calculators by the time I went to school.

4 Likes

I made good use of a slide rule (linear) during college (BS 2008, MS 2009). Majored in Materials Science and Engineering, minored in Mathematics (most engineering degrees get you almost all the way to a math minor, might as well take another two classes and get one). With advanced math courses they want to make sure you understand what you’re doing and not just Ti-89-ing your way through, so calculators are often prohibited during tests.

I was never particularly skilled with a slide rule and mostly I just wanted it for rapid division, but I inherited several and was the only one in any of my courses who bothered to teach himself how to use one at even the most basic level, so it gave me a small leg up. If nothing else, the professors found it delightfully nostalgic and probably gave me some brownie points for it.

4 Likes

My 4 year university degree was as a Mathematics major with all my elective courses (minor) being in Physics, Astronomy, Chemistry. Later I went back to university to study computer programming.

So I guess that makes me a nerd. :nerd_face:

3 Likes

Ain’t no other way to be :microscope:

4 Likes

3 Likes
Dark Humour, don't open if you can't take it

5 Likes

5 Likes

5 Likes

True dat!

5 Likes

3 Likes

Both of those @delenn13. I looked up Threads of Fate aka Dew Prism on Ebay. You should see the prices of the unopened editions.

2 Likes