Memes, Memes Everywhere

guess we’re screwed now :no_mouth:

7 Likes

In 1997, we’ve been screwed for 23 years…

6 Likes

woa… :hushed: pcp is one helluva drug :dizzy_face: :face_with_head_bandage:

6 Likes

Cameras aren’t allowed in my workplace, but somebody still managed to get footage of me packing up for the day while management loses their minds over the latest crisis du jour.

9 Likes

12 Likes

8 Likes

Microsoft buys Bethesda, Bethesda games goes on Game Pass: this was a ploy all along!

12 Likes

‘Dis thread is abandoned …

11 Likes

Streamers trolling their fanbase are always a good laugh, pre-stream chat in full panic mode as few people notice the bottom right text.

6 Likes

@onLooSe

11 Likes

10 Likes

7 Likes

In soviet Rushia, Vtuber watches you.

4 Likes

7 Likes

I thought that particular scene was really odd as well although I just moved on after a few seconds of feeling awkward. lol!

5 Likes

8 Likes

To talk a little seriously for a moment this whole thing about blaming a year for how bad it’s been perceived as is kind of a silly thing at best, an actually harmful frame of mind at worst. I know it’s “just a meme” but we’ve seen this kept repeating over and over for quite a few years now and each time people seem to think a new year is going to be the solution.

The calendar ticking over is not going to change anything. This is where I mean the harmful mindset comes in. if things are bad you need to try to change them, not wait for the world to fall into the correct configuration on it’s own. No I don’t mean you should try to change the world, quite the opposite, you only need to change YOUR world.

We will always be unhappy if we’re looking at goals that are too large for us to accomplish on our own. If we hinge our mental well being on the large issues being solved we will only wear ourselves out without accomplishing anything. Find smaller issues in and around yourself, that’s where you can put your energy and effort to actually see results and that might just make the next year a better one.

Sorry, let the memes resume.

10 Likes

Time is a great healer…and a killer.

5 Likes

i think the “2020 badz” is mainly from the new Corona flavour launch displeasing the taste buds of the beer drinking populace, combined with local events, probably primarily US and UK related. Tbh i don’t think, that corona aside, i’ve seen much 2020 complaints elsewhere. And in terms of “semi objectiveness” Corona happening in 2020 does seem to make it by comparison a slightly more shitty year than for instance another.
But that doesn’t mean 2020 was equally shitty for all (heck i’m told Bezos and Musk loved this year :laughing:) i think that outside US/UK events, and 2020, there isn’t much “muh 2020 bad”, and therefor no expectations for ex 2021 to be better or worse (since “getting used to” corona seems to be taking effect)
most of the ones i know aint even miffed about ex mask mandate in public, because they don’t have the US mindset of “muh freedom violated”, so only consider it a slight inconvenience but one that’s ok in tradeoff for decreasing corona badnezz, thus making 2020 corona “less badz” in influence on the perception of good/bad year quantity
really feel like the 2020 bad can be broken down to 2 things
1, being people directly affected by Corona’s outcome one way or another, either ex monetary/job/housing related, or direct sickness/death encounter; which is both something i’d perceive as valid 2020 complaints (tho could ofc have happened any year a pandemic breaks out)
2, americans whining about petty sht inflating “how bad” 2020 was for them, be it an election or “raped by the establishment for having to wear a mask for 5mins/not having 20 people for thanksgiving” or whatever political/topical bullshittery that so easily pushes their outrage buttons :roll_eyes:
(sry my american chronies, no harm meant with such generalization, but some of your brothers and sisters do seem to whine an awful lot about ridiculous sht the rest of the world shrugs about)

4 Likes

What I was getting at is that this has not been exclusive to 2020, sure corona certainly kicked it up a notch but this has been a running sentiment over the past decade and I’ve seen it from a lot of people from many places.

Now I didn’t meant to come down on you personally in any way. Just that I keep seeing this trend and I wanted to talk about it briefly.

6 Likes