Memes, Memes Everywhere

Nick has the best memes. I need to up my game. As a psychology student:

10 Likes
4 Likes

inc easter pamphlets & recruitments

9 Likes

starting to stretch that upper tentacle…

3 Likes

Not really the type of meme i usually post, but i found this and wanted to share as there is a lot of talks going on here about this topic. :smile:

16 Likes

“chooses PC platform for freedom to play however one likes” -gets forced to download (shitty) launcher for each individual new game released
2019; “when 1 exe is just not enough”

13 Likes

348 for 274 against, this is beyond fcked up :man_facepalming: :disappointed: :unamused:

10 Likes

GG Europe.

8 Likes

9 Likes

:smirk:

freakin heathens, we all know Cthulhu is our one true only god

8 Likes

7 Likes

How can they do that? Isn’t it a religion? Or are the Satanists admitting they created it? lol

6 Likes

you can copyright anything, even religious stuff
the problem is stuff like Jesus, a cross etc, has been in so many variations it would be hard for you to argue yours was significantly original, but wouldn’t mean the work you included in wouldn’t be much easier have stamped, like a painting.
here i think the problem was the baphomet image was specific, like a direct ripoff or something of this specific statue they had gotten made, which might have made it easier to shake them down.
-sometimes it just doesn’t pay to be lazy and not make your own, which they likely would have been free to do since “other” baphomet imagery exist

7 Likes

As a teacher who has to grade essays… please always make it your own.

6 Likes

i wonder if sometimes students pray for a lazy teacher that don’t check Wikipedia :thinking: :joy:

7 Likes

sadly, nowadays students just pay websites like these for essays written on-demand:

6 Likes

i mean, sure, if you’re some tryhard A grade student, :smile:
the rest of “casuls” just copy paste the nearest binder, and cross fingers teach is nearing the bottom of the stack and on the 3rd glass of bourbon :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8 Likes

not anymore dude, nowadays lots of teachers have actual tools that instantly identify plagiarism

7 Likes

Yeah, it’s crazy, hopefully these tools don’t go overboard. There are a lot of times when impressionable youngsters come across particular voices or phrases and they try to model their own writing behind influences that may be changing their writing very passively in a good way. I don’t want to see them punished for trying to adapt to become better writers. (No personal experience with those. I know that a lot of teachers now ask kids to turn in essays in MS word format by email instead of in person.)

9 Likes

Plagiarism tools just check for verbatim copies of passages or sentences. Including quotes from other works are perfectly fine but there’s an established way to do so, specific ways in which to quote and credit something. If you’re just trying to ape a writing style you’d still have to be careful not to simply lift a sentence from the writer you’re inspired by.

8 Likes