MechaNika? šŸ˜•

new games are up in the shop
and iā€™m looking at MechaNika
aaand iā€™ve got a bit of a struggle figuring out ā€œwhat it isā€, even by reading the reviews i canā€™t really get my bearings on the deal with it
the other, Project Starship is one of dem bullet hell shmup thingys which is never really my thing
but maybe due to the whole point 'n click phase iā€™ve been in iā€™m looking at MechaNika and going hmmm :thinking:

so any1 got any experience with it, is it good/how good? and is it half 'n half PnC + VN or whatā€™s going on with this one, considering itā€™s apparent emphasis on ā€œdarkā€?

4 Likes

yea thatā€™s actually what confused me the most lol
from the reviews i gathered it leaned mostly towards point 'n click, but it still seemed like something else/more/weirder, tho ofc that might just be the story/theme, and very unlike the other recent PnCā€™s iā€™ve been going through lately

2 Likes

I picked it up.
Seemed interesting enough, not like Iā€™m going to use these coins on anything else right?

4 Likes

true enough
i guess itā€™s still just the tin foil hat being on a little too tight, that i keep expecting Chrono to dump a 10k priced game on us, and wanting to be ā€œready with a reserveā€ to not miss out lol :smile_cat:

3 Likes

Iā€™ve bought:
Mechanicka 2k
Super Trench Attack 3k
Cosmochoria 4k
Brigador 5k
Total spent: 14k coins
Still have 15k in pocket.

Bring on the 10k titles!

4 Likes

MechaNika 2k
Bardbarian 3k
JumpJet Rex 5k
Cosmochoria 4k
Surgeon Simulator: Anniversary Edition 2250
CAT Interstellar 250
Hammerwatch 1k
total spent: 17.5k, (yaiks)
ā€œonlyā€ have 11k left

guess i couldnā€™t count proper, since thatā€™s still enough for a 10k title, so yea, bring it! :smile_cat:

3 Likes

see thatā€¦ i still donā€™t get how not only people could afford those(i eyed both those), but also managed to get them ā€œin timeā€, i quickly realized iā€™d never get either and grabbed Hammerwatch right before it sold out instead too lol,

1 Like

You could have gotten brigador, we both started on the same day. I thought at the time that I was there on day 1 though. Figured I had as good a chance to get it as anyone else. While the daily coins and chests did have a random element I figured by the progression the chests would HAVE to make in order for it to not be better to restart at day 3, 7 or 14, 5k coins in the first month would be very likely (with the first start bonus). So I stuck with it.

2 Likes

yea got like 5k total ā€œexactā€ on the 30day mark because of 30day chest
canā€™t remember when or where Brigador sold out, but just that it started to get claimed ā€œearlyā€ on,(combined with how ā€œlowā€ the 3-7-14 chests were), and eventually at a rate that made me think it would be impossible for me to ā€œget in onā€, which was my own fault lol, self-fulfilled demise :smile_cat:

that huge bonus jump on the 30day chest really can surprise you heh

1 Like

alrighty, time to get ma clicks on and try and play some MechaNika, :smiley_cat:

1 Like

Looks like itā€™s episodicā€¦and Iā€™m outā€¦

i donā€™t think itā€™s episodic in that sense, as in telltales episodic
seems more like itā€™s a potential ā€œseriesā€ of games, individual stories but within the same universe and overarching theme/story, but self-contained games
after finishing it, iā€™m sorta interested in the 2nd game, the ā€œprequelā€ (if one could call it that), Agathaā€™s Knife, because the theme/story seems so messed up just in this one lol (i was kinda disappointed you couldnā€™t do anything with the fetus lol)

pretty neat short point and click overall imo, not bad for a freebie to spend 2hours on it turns out,
fcn crazy grandma tho :ghost:

1 Like

Actually youā€™re completely rightā€¦I was being overly negative. Itā€™s just that no complete resolution of a game when itā€™s over sticks in my craw (and since Iā€™m not a bird I donā€™t even have a craw!). Iā€™ve been waiting years for another Dead Space game just to resolve the wrinkle thatā€™s been left after I finished the last game! And donā€™t even get me started on Shenmueā€¦

1 Like

oh i get that,
:joy_cat:
and doesnā€™t look like this story is picked up anywhere near ā€œsoonā€, considering Agathaā€™s knife was just released this april lol

I just bought the game in coin shop yesterday and finished it today, the game is pretty short, last about 1.5h for me, also not hard to get 100% achievements. Yeah just like @xist said, itā€™s not a completed story. Seem like developer is so ambitious, want to make their games become a universe of connection (like Marvel, DCā€¦). Their new game Agathaā€™s knife has the main character appeared at the beginning this game. Thatā€™s kind of interesting.

Ignore the fact that the ending is weird, the game is indeed fun and cute. Because itā€™s a point n click game, I care a lot about hit box, and the game did it so well, I have no complain, also it runs very smooth, no bug or any issue happen for me. Overall, Iā€™m satisfied with my purchase. :relieved:

3 Likes