Massive new Minecraft update.

I’ve been playing Minecraft about a year or 2 after it was first released, and I have to say it was one of the best games I’ve ever, and will probably ever, play.
Back on topic. As the title states there is a new ocean update, adding new weapons new mobs, there’s probably a lot more I don’t know about it, but I plan on finding it out.
Since I have never actually “beaten” Minecraft (meaning killed the enter dragon) over the years upon years I’ve played it, I’ve decided to go back and try to finally become a Minecraft master.
Back on topic again.
What do you guys think of this new update
/Minecraft in general.

(Sorry my writing is very jumbled I came on and wrote A paragraph every hour :upside_down_face:)

9 Likes

I rarely use Minecraft (W10 Edition) but when I do, I gotta admit it’s fun, main thing for me is the servers

5 Likes

It still is. I love Minecraft for many reasons, the main one being: I love to build stuff. But Minecraft is much more than just that and I think the future will bring many other features to the game.

Here’s my stat for blocks mined…

2 Likes

Ohh that’s exciting! What versions is it coming to? At least once a year I fall back into it.
I generally prefer Starbound and Terraria when it comes to these kinds of games since they have such insane amounts of content. But MC is still easy to lose a few hours in… or a month, it happens.

4 Likes

Where do you see how many blocks you’ve broken.
I probably can’t though because I’m on PC, but it’d be nice to see.

1 Like

I go on servers every once in a while but, prefer single player overall.
The mini games can get boring after a couple hundred hours, and the Surival servers I don’t like the idea of working really hard to get stuff and putting hours into it, and then it gets destroyed, by some random troll.

2 Likes

You should be able to see a bunch of stats from the Xbox app, it’s embedded into Windows 10. There’s no cure for that.

But I’m half-sure you need to be logged in to track your progress.

2 Likes

So, you can find it in the Xbox app, so all I have to do is go into the Xbox app on my PC and see. Hmmmmmmmm.

I only half understand this.
But it’s worth a shot :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Yep, you’ll need a Microsoft account, of course. But if you have the Win10 version of Minecraft, you should also have a MS account.

BTW, the Xbox app also tracks games not available on Xbox, but not every single game. As an example, it keeps track of WoW and Hearthstone.

2 Likes

BLOCCHIDANY

6 Likes

I’ve been playing Minecraft since, I believe, 1.3 Beta (the only reference I have for that being that it was sometime before wolves were added) and I keep getting re-addicted to the game every year or so. Personally I prefer the game’s building and exploration aspects, I’ve never been into the late-game boss fights.

The new update looks pretty neat, but I use a lot of mods/shaders/texture packs, so I’ll have to wait a few months before I can try it out :sweat:

3 Likes

I just started a new Surival world, and look forward to getting into later game.

I can see why a lot of people, me included, keep going back to it year after year. It’s a incredibly replayable game

2 Likes

Apparently at Minecon 2018 Mojang said that there going to realease the update 1.14 Village and Pillage

I’m looking forward to it, and think there gonna do a really good job with it.

2 Likes

I’ve never played it, but I think it is cool the game still gets updates. Isn’t it old?

2 Likes

I might repurchase it on mobile again once the update is out. Had to refund last time cause it ran anything but butterly smooth on a now 2 years old high end mobile SOC, which is ridiculous given that MC5 looks like this and does run smoothly.

1 Like

It came out in 2011

Yeah every once in a while, but that’s probably just because Microsoft bought the game, and the company mojang, and they probably want to do something with it instead of just watch it die.

I tried playing again during the summer after many years of not playing. I got sick of dying to skeleton archers and quit playing again. Survival mode used to be far more casual.

3 Likes

Yeah when they buffed the archers they became the main threat of early game. And made it a lot harder to go caving

1 Like