Massive FREE expansion to EtG TODAY

I think I failed at least 50 times getting the thing where it needed to go… lol… I am trying to keep it as spoiler free as possible…

3 Likes

yeah so am I xD I’d say it took about 25ish, I’ve been tanning it quite a bit this week so I’ve been collecting and retaining the skills necessary.

3 Likes

These days I play so many games, it’s hard to sit down with one for that amount of time at once… Plus job got really busy…

But I definitely plan to play some of the expansion within a couple of weeks after it comes out. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Im trying to finish all the pasts before that :slight_smile: I remember reading that there is SOMETHING you get for beating all 5 main pasts, 3/5 down I can’t remember what the prize is :’)

3 Likes

Five main pasts?

Unless they added something, there are 4 main initial characters, and 2 secret characters… not sure the fifth?

3 Likes

err yeah sorry, brain fart, I just completely got that wrong, it passed all the mental checks xD

oh yeah so its 3-4 yaaay :3

(just realised I counted secret character I have :3)

3 Likes

By the way, Kyle, here’s the original announcement:

That’s why I was saying I have been waiting forever for it… I didn’t realize that it’s almost a year ago now…

5 Likes

holy crap its out tomorrow?!?

and wow a year ago huh? I should have seen that whilst browsing the community.

3 Likes

I see you have put a lot of hours into the game recently, I think you will probably get to it before I do, let me know if it’s a good upgrade or not. I probably won’t be able to play it for a couple of weeks yet… :frowning:

3 Likes

I’ve seen one gun on twitter, it has FOUR alternating functions when you reload, called heroine :open_mouth:

3 Likes

That will be a change, this gun is in the original game too, only it was only a weapon you can charge… that first bullet from the gun in the tweet is the original one… This will be really odd, I liked the old gun… curious about how the new one will play…

These reload and changing guns really confuse me. The Gungeon Ant screws me up every single time…

3 Likes

I quite enjoy them :smiley: one of them is my favourite gun at the moment that the game constantly gives me, the machine gun arm, when you reload it has a fist that you can manually aim, the trick is to just shoot a few rounds if you need to, and then reload to the one that you prefer, like with the trick gun I mostly have it on shotgun mode.

but I didn’t know that :open_mouth: I’ve not had that gun yet, I don’t like charge weapons, where you have to hold the fire button, you’re not shooting for too long it leaves you too vulnerable xD

3 Likes

I better not talk about individual things, I don’t know what you have unlocked and what you haven’t… Don’t want to ruin any part of the game for you…

I agree, the Machine Fist is a great gun… I only wish the fists don’t use up 10 ammo at a time!

3 Likes

oh they do? … huh, never noticed that one.

does the grenade launcher on the M16 also take up more? I never even knew that happened xD but its important! so thanks for that :slight_smile: and yeah I’ll have finished all the stuff soon xD I haven’t bought all the shop items yet but Im nearly there.

3 Likes
Some spoiler details on M16

M16 is a great gun, the grenades take up 1 ammo each… so you can fire 500 grenades from one gun, fantastic deal… Make sure you have quick gun switch set up with the M16, fire grenades, then switch to your other gun, this allows for a passive reload of the M16, and you can fire more grenades after that, without doing the active reload and needing to waste precious bullets. :slight_smile:

3 Likes
you know we chattin spoilys

I thought so! that’s the one that led me to believe they ALL take up 1 xD

thanks for the confirmation :stuck_out_tongue:

good point about the quick switch by the way, I only recently noticed it does have a metal gear mode >.> and I could make 500 grenades instead of 250! brilliant!

2 Likes
Continued chatting in spoiler mode because I don't know if it's a spoiler or not... lol

I honestly cannot think of another gun off the top of my head that uses more ammo per shot in a powered up mode other than the Machine fist.

By the way, what is your favorite weapon?

2 Likes
Spoiler because it actually the thing we're talking about actually destroys the difficulty of the game.

definitely 100% the fightsabre, I’m almost positive if I just had that and got ammo back after every floor I could beat the game with just that, the length of that bullet reflect is just too perfect, I haven’t beat the dragun with it yet but it would be brilliant there. (some cheeky bastard got the jump on me with the most recent run with it, I don’t use the gun I intend to fight the boss with while I’m still clearing rooms so someone got me there xD)

2 Likes
Speaking of funky guns

There are two non-gun weapons actually, that I always am tempted to pick up, whenever I see them… One is Casey, the other is Slingshot. Casey is really good for a lot of enemies, and of course it doesn’t fire, so no ammo limit. I always feel like the bullets that you reflect back have way more power than what the enemies shoot out of their guns, but I am not sure about that. Slingshot is a certified boss killer… great weapon

2 Likes
totally just a placeholder until I can think of spoilers.

Slingshot I agree is straight baller, that shit killed a giant it kills bosses great.

casey, I’ve found is perfect for AOE enemies, IE the meatblobs, you time that hit the FRAME they shoot, they get hit by EVERY SINGLE ONE, it kills a gunnut in one hit. (note you can get hit though, a well timed doge can be done but my god its nigh impossible.) in the end I don’t use casey, and I don’t like to, but I don’t go “EEEURGH” when I get it, and when you get it for the challenge rooms its a godsend.

I don’t like any of the other reflecting guns though, like the huntsman etc, casey is the best of a bad situation and the fightsabre is the best xD

2 Likes