Logical Things

What maximum likes can post/reply get?
I think 1635 because the easiest badge and the evidence of being in on forum.

https://206.81.1.216/badges/5/welcome

4 Likes

No dude, 1635 is the amount of ppl who have this badge. (so y i guess, rofl)

4 Likes

There isn’t really a limit… Only a limit based on how many people are in the community. Honestly, I think the 1635 is probably an overestimate, since it includes users who received the badge multiple times, and users who have since stopped checking the forums.

4 Likes

At 256 you get a kill screen.

6 Likes

I think currently @Gnuffi has the most, with 51 likes. :butterfly:

7 Likes

As far I know, you can’t receive it multiple times, it is just for the first like received.

3 Likes

You can. I have received it a few times myself.

Oh my god

I’ve received it 67 times. WHAT IS THIS?

edit with proof:

9 Likes

But that is not the “Welcome” badge, right? I mean, you can receive as many likes as you want, but not the badge itself.

3 Likes

Aren’t… aren’t we talking about the ‘Nice Reply’ badge?

I thought… um…

I don’t think we’re talking about the ‘Welcome’ badge, fellow orange. :small_orange_diamond:

4 Likes

Oh, that is the confusion!

OP linked Welcome badge.

6 Likes

OOOOOOOH

I potatoed, then. I do that a lot. Some times, I’m at home eating :potato:s, and I hear the distant scream of a :potato: saying ‘stop being a cannibaaaallll’.

Oh well. Sorry about the confusion. I’ll fly away now.

9 Likes

Just don’t mess with oranges.

4 Likes
3 Likes

if i’m understanding your meaning there, then you are partially right
-since the welcome badge, “sorta” denominates the amount of forum users (partially), and since a post can only get 1 like per user, it would indeed stand to reason that no one could ever get more likes than there are users (on a single post/reply),
and the welcome badge in a way kinda hints at the amount of users -tho not completely accurately,
so if there is indeed only 1635 users, then that’s the “max” available likes, per post, currently
(but again that’s not a completely accurate nr because of some slight details)
:+1:

3 Likes

Though considering posts persists indefinitely and new users can always go back and like old posts, the max likes are only limited by whatever means the forum software uses to store the number in. Unless there is some other hard coded limit for whatever reason.

3 Likes

indeed, that would be some of the “fine print” details regarding max likes :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks for correcting that! Can’t believe I missed it.

2 Likes

Let’s Try!
Give like to this reply!!
Goooo!!!

7 Likes

Like Given!

4 Likes

Just 4 likes :disappointed_relieved:

4 Likes