Know any refreshing games

Kingdom Come: Deliverance is rly something different

6 Likes

Stardew Valley and Civ 6 is what I play when I just want to relax. If you’re good enough to win on Deity(max difficulty), it can get a bit frustrating though, because the AI is not very good, so instead they just get an insane starting advantage (3 settlers, 5 warriors and 2 scouts if I remember right, as opposed to your one settler and one warrior) on top of 40-80% boosts to everything.

6 Likes

I have only 2 words for this thread - Dark Souls

8 Likes

:hushed:

7 Likes

Might find something here…

https://206.81.1.216/t/how-to-find-new-games-on-steam/8414

6 Likes

Not exactly new, but if a good story is what you’re after, this is said to have one of the best stories of any Tales games. It has been on sale a few times in recent months for around $16.99 (and is actually on sale now in the Humble Store) and should keep you busy for quite a long time.

6 Likes

It’s an RTS, so I don’t know if you’d like it, but you don’t fight against units so it’s more like a puzzle game.

5 Likes

I know it was mentioned already, but that didn’t do the game justice: DYING LIGHT
This game is just so good and there’s so much to do and explore and there’s nothing more fun than kicking zombies off roofs, my gawd, it (the kicking) doesn’t ever get boring, the game gets boring after 50h+ sooo a big bang for your buck.

6 Likes

Only if you are up for a lot of frustration :no_mouth:

5 Likes

If you’re competitive I’d recommend two indie multiplayer games that are crazy fun. I figured you might not play many indies, so they’d be a change of pace.
Speedrunners and Duck Game. Both have active communities and really high skill ceilings. I invested about 17 hours in each game myself, so they should pass enough time for you to find your next big time eater!
I should probably something about the games… Speedrunners is Super Mario Kart, but as a 2D platformer and Duck Game is… uh… Do you know Super Crate Box? It’s like that, but as a competitive multiplayer.

5 Likes

Subnautica

5 Likes

Cryptark

I really enjoyed it.

5 Likes

YOU GUYS HAVE A GREAT TASTE IN GAMES!!! BEST COMUNITY EVEEEEERR

5 Likes

Velocibox:

Hardest game I have ever played, really addictive and fun! I just try to play it a little here and there. I have not progressed very far in this game myself, but I go back to it rather often. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

The Long Dark is a survival game with a storymode & sandbox modes.

Astroneer basic space survival sandbox game & I’m not sure if it will come with a Storymode.

Subnautica is a cool underwater survival/exportation game.

8 Likes

This a million times over. Those are for sure my favorite game series, frustrating or not. Also to chorus with the others The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is awesome.

6 Likes

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

I’m absolutely in love with this game. It’s an underdog, but brilliant at that. The story DLCs are definitely worth it and the combat is the most fun I’ve had… ever.

8 Likes

Have an Xbox 360 (or even better, PS3)? The single best survival game I’ve ever played is a nice $10-20 (check it out on the Xbox Live store or buy the PS3 version from Amazon).

Unfortunately, MGS1 and 4 stayed on PS3 but the HD collection is still great. It’s a collection of the Metal Gear games made by Bluepoint and a genuinely good HD collection. No visual upgrades other than some better texture filtering and 720p 60 FPS (1080p 60 for the PSP game), but MGS 3 is still one of the best survival games I’ve ever played. It’s Kojima before he went completely off the rails and Metal Gear Solid at its peak. It also includes the two Metal Gear games for MSX, assuming you want to give them a shot. MGS3 is the real star of the show, though.

It’s even better if you can get the Legacy Collection for PS3, which is still readily available on Amazon. It’s every game in the series: the HD collection for 2/3/PW, MGS4, and MGS1 via “PSOne Classics” emulation.

Before you talk trash about Metal Gear Survive’s survival mechanics, you should really take a look at MGS3-- it’s really not that far-fetched for the series. In fact, by Metal Gear standards I’ve found that MG Survive may be one of the most rational entries yet.

8 Likes

agree KoA combat and char building is massively fun :smiley:
skill/talent system done so very well, combined with the combat style it becomes even better, and a great variation + shift from many other rpg and arpgs
while the game itself ofc will have its flaws, (some bigger than other), the char build variation +combat should keep you very decently entertained for a lot of hours, -even if you just blaze straight through it, (or end up spending hundreds of hours on it like me :smile:)

6 Likes

You like survival games? Well, look no further and just try Subnautica, I you haven’t yet.
I’ve been playing this game when it was still in EA, and now that it’s out, they really polished it to the max. It’s my favorite survival game ever, as it manages to be both a very relaxing and beautiful experience, but also god damn terrifying in some places.

6 Likes