Kingslayer Bundle 2 @ Fanatical

Keys are distributed, so I hope you all have a good time, and stay safe!

I am going to try to focus on work a little bit, so be AFK for a while.

7 Likes

Sounds like you’ve got Grid left for yourself. I hope that’s something you’ll play and enjoy!

Thank you so much ;3;

5 Likes

Ah, I never knew there were nuances… Yea though, the sake and beheading isn’t nearly as desperate.

Why is it shameful to get captured? Or is it more: better to die by your own hand than be tortured?

going off the rails again

5 Likes

I’ve heard some rumours that @YQMaoski is a pretty cool dude.

7 Likes

I guess it’s just the basis for the code of samurai,it’s all about the honor. Someone more knowledgeable should correct me if i’m talking nonsense but as i understand it if fail your master you lose your honor and only way to restore your honor is Sepuku . That be outside of battle, so you have a chance to perform proper Sepuku or on a losing battle so you are left with Harakiri.

6 Likes

seconded, appreciate the generosity very much,
… now to somehow restore balance and “muh honour” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

isn’t it just a way of acknowledging some cultures were very, very, sore losers? :thinking:

7 Likes

Gone for it too and they are all for me!

6 Likes

It’s something like this, yes. It’s dishonourable to be captured/defeated because you have failed gravely in your task and because if you’re captured and tortured you may divulge important secret information. Suicide keeps the control of one’s life in one’s hands and shows humility and is therefore seen as superior to being captured, and harakiri/seppuku are painful methods of death that both achieve suicide and punish oneself for failure, bringing back some of the lost honour by demonstrating devotion and courage.

Seppuku was usually done when defeat was inevitable, one didn’t usually get the chance to do it when one is already captured. If someone is actually captured, they may commit suicide in some other way.

I should also mention that it was something done by samurai and the higher classes. Footsoldiers would not have done it, as when they fail in battle, it’s not as bad, since fewer people are relying on them. That is not to say soldiers from the losing side had it easy, they were still seen as shameful and unreliable. It was seen as better to die in battle than to survive as the loser, because then at least you know you have it your all and wouldn’t live to feel bad about defeat. Of course, not everyone lives up to ideals, and there are many stories of deserters and survivors living on as outcast bandits or trying to regain their honour.

7 Likes

Thanks, @YQMaoski for the info…and the “giveaway”. :joy:

6 Likes

@eishiya Your fount of knowledge never ceases to amaze me. :heart:

6 Likes

It is a real shame that one wasn’t very good. Duke Nukem 3D was one of my first PC games like 23 years ago, and it was fantastic. Had a lot of hours playing on Ten, think it was the first online deathmatch style game I ever played as well. So yeah was sad to see this sequel do so poorly :frowning:

6 Likes

I played Duke Nukem Forever and it’s DLC and… I liked it. Sure, it feels like an old game and Duke himself is a character stuck in the 90s. However, I honestly wouldn’t want it any other way. I lived all of the 90s so for me Duke’s humour doesn’t bothered me. I know where he comes from.

As for the game, it sure doesn’t offer the same polished gameplay as other modern fps, but there’s no denying that it offers variety. You shoot, you drive a buggy, a monster truck, you do some platforming, you go to a alien hive, you go to a strip club and get a lap dance, you go to the moon, fight clones of you, you get shrunk and have a gun fight with some aliens inside a burger house while taking cover behind food ingredients, you interact with various objects, etc.

Like I said, it’s not your typical shooter, the gameplay it’s not polished enough and Duke’s humour is not for everyone, but I don’t think it’s so bad like most reviews said it was.

9 Likes

That’s an ok bundle. But that Fanatical got my attention. It even has The Hex that I never heard of and passed on in the coin shop and found out later that it’s pretty good. I’ll be thinking on this one. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

So either my computer went insane again, or someone crashed Fanatical today.

3 Likes

It wasn’t me.

Its ok now. Bento Bundle 3 today.

4 Likes