It's 2024 - Time to Hype New Releases or something

Just played the SteamWorld Build demo for around 90 minutes.
A very casual city-management/dungeon keeper game, instant wishlist.

4 Likes

I’ve got more new releases on my e-mail:

Plus:

4 Likes

Featuring:

4 Likes

Sons of the Forest recently released, and I feel like I should warn people: do not get it.

5 Likes

Yet people will go in droves to pre-order and buy it anyway just like they did to Atomic Heart.

As to quote 2Pac: “Certain things never change”.

4 Likes

Any particular reason or are we just not supporting Canadians and their evil ways now?

2 Likes
Brief but big time spoilage

It’s not only buggy (which for EA I ordinarily don’t complain about), but it is painfully short (I’m talking 1-2hrs) and there is nothing to do, though I spent 20 hrs just about constructing a massive cabin. The new building system is deceptively more intuitive than the old, but quickly reveals it’s really bad limitations (and then you realize building is useless itself). The “fight demons” is largely a deception as there is only 1 type of demon and you fight them at the very end and there’s only like 15 of them. The AI was played up to be really intricate, but it isn’t. The enemy AI is really dumb and they try to hide it by just making massive waves of mutants attack you constantly and the friendly AI is really, really, really bad. Kelvin is far more a hindrance than ever could be of help (basically just good to collect sticks!) and Virginia is constantly getting stuck in a loop half way across the map but even with a pistol, does nothing but scream and run away. The food/stamina/muscle thing is far more of a chore in this game than before, too. It’s just not fun.

The “cutscenes” (there are like 3) are really random feeling and very awkward, because the characters are doing charades at you and not speaking except 1 time and it’s 4 words long. Nothing is explained to you, but instead, you are left with more questions.

I have no idea if EA means there are going to change huge things about this game, like it’s lack of content and story content, but at this point I do not recommend people to buy it. It’s just bad.

4 Likes

Cities skylines 2 was announced today.

To be released this year, so it’ll only be about 5 years 8 DLCs and 300 mods before it’s worth playing over the current title.

4 Likes

Ultra realistic street view graphics on a city builder, haha

I guess some people really enjoy that and the feel like they belong in the city they created.

3 Likes

I remember being super obsessed with Simcity on SNES back in the day. There’s something really relaxing and entertaining about it, but as someone who have tried Cities Skylines, I didn’t like it. Not sure I have faith the 2nd will do better.

2 Likes

3 Likes

If you want to buy Figment 2 now, buy it thro the bundle. If you own the first one, the 2nd one will be 43% off.

4 Likes

3 Likes

And guess which game is finally out:

5 Likes

Oh I remember Terra Nil, played the demo of it back when it was announced. I was rather curious about what they meant by reversed city builder, from what the demo showed back then it wasn’t all that great or interesting. But that’s a while ago now so I’m again interested to see what the full release might end up looking and playing like.

…not 25€ curious though.

4 Likes

I am hyped.

4 Likes

Ah, they are selling the remake of a remastered game for $60.

6 Likes

looks interesting

4 Likes

Beyond Hyped! Artificer Link. YES! :heart:

3 Likes

3 Likes