It's 2024 - Time to Hype New Releases or something

Those aren’t really remakes, they’re touched up ports, though I agree entirely they were trash. A remake is a game that has been taken and been redone entirely, sort of like the FF7 remake (there tons of things have been changed or adjusted). A proper remaster would be something like the Secret of Mana one, even should people dislike the change in graphics, the visual change and gentle changes to mechanics makes it a good example of a good remaster.

I would love to see a remaster or remake if it is done right. I wouldn’t mind seeing one remade in Dissidia PSP graphics or FF12 graphics with nothing changed, but if they wanted to try something similar to FF7 remake provided core story lines and character personalities and interactions weren’t changed, it would be okay.

5 Likes

I’m dying. First Antivaxxers now this:

7 Likes

Early Access (Jan. 21st) will have co-op enabled!

6 Likes

Um… First thought: Pokemon?
started to watch vid Pokemon?!!
get further in Companion Pokemon!!
sees battle Pokemon fully animated ^^
end of video - I need a throwing money gif

5 Likes

No, it’s Temtem

4 Likes

6 Likes

4 Likes

@Pylinaer, @delenn13 Ah Chronies, so helpful. :heart:

@Enki :wink:

5 Likes

I’ve been following the development of TemTem for quite a while. I’m glad it is finally coming to early access! Really think it could be successful! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

@onLooSe Dead Cells vibe in this one!

6 Likes

6 Likes

A break dancing crab??? :scream:

4 Likes

It’s going to be a good year. The likelihood of disappointments are lower than the past 5 years.

Final Fantasy 7.
Ori Will of the Wisps.
Nioh 2.
Doom Eternal.
Cyberpunk 2077.
Resident Evil 3.
The Last of us 2.
Half-life Alyx.

And those are just the ones off the top of my head. Though most of the releases seem to be around April or November. As always though, I will not pre-purchase and will wait several days until I see the reviews from trusted youtubers.

5 Likes

Lots of delayed games thou

5 Likes

Nioh 2. … Haven’t even nuzzed Sekiro and first Nioh yet. I’ll just be here, listening to you guys chat about new releases, lol.

3 Likes

I guess Doom Eternal, but it’s a game i won’t be able to afford. I say this because I just beat Doom, so it’s interesting to see what happens next. The game looks like an improvement of the previous game, with the dash probably from the VR game if I remember correctly, and the shotgun hookshot thingy looking like a fun combo. The increased mobility as a whole is interesting to see play out and the level design is designed that way.

6 Likes

Temtem Early access launches in about an hour.

7 Likes

£28 for early access?! They can go and f… :wink:

6 Likes

Holy cow… I got a 10% coupon, but I doubt I will use it…

6 Likes

Yeah… about that… O_O. Just no. I expected a $19.99 start price or so. Wouldn’t have gotten it now, but still.

4 Likes