Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?

(Confirmed Fake so… Fantasy)
Could… could it really be?
A relatively uneventful video…until the bombshell dropped! A new Half-life game in the next 5 years?

When a fan asked Gabe Newell whether he would ever play a new chapter of Half-Life before he dies, Newell responded by saying.

“Just don’t die in the next 5 years or so ;)”

So, I should be waking up any second now…

10 Likes

keyword section:

^gaben is a committed troll btw… # :wink:

9 Likes

The only reason I see people wanting a sequel of this … thing is that they won’t have it :smiley:

4 Likes

I don’t know anything about that but doing that would be far beyond cruel…
I guess the title I chose was even more applicable than I had previously thought. Lmao

6 Likes

totally not to mess with people’s minds even further :grin::

. # :wink:

8 Likes

Smh… throwing jet fuel on the fire.

4 Likes

srthjhfdb

11 Likes

:ok_hand:
glorious

6 Likes

Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality…

7 Likes

Of course, he’s Canadian…Back in 2012.

"He’s not handcuffed because not all people get handcuffed when they get arrested!!! It’s at the arresting officer’s discretion. Got it???)

Bohemian Rhapsody YouTube video sung by drunken Robert Wilkinson in RCMP squad car!

Robert Wilkinson is experiencing a few minutes of fame after a video of him drunkenly singing the Queen song “Bohemian Rhapsody” in its entirety while sitting in the back of an RCMP squad car has gone viral online.

After proclaiming through slurred speech that he is not intoxicated, the 29-year-old from Edson, Alta., launches into the song originally recorded by Queen in 1975. He manages to sing the entire song almost perfectly.

The video, now viewed online hundreds of thousands of times, opens with Wilkinson mentioning the “brotherhood of man on the planet Earth” to the officer in the car before he takes off his glasses and launches into Bohemian Rhapsody. The date stamp on the video is Nov. 27, 2011.

The back seat performance from the bearded, shaggy-haired man includes hand gestures, headbanging and air drumming. Wilkinson also sings the tune of some of the instrumental parts from the song. The sound of the police radio in the cruiser can occasionally be heard over Wilkinson’s vocals.

He makes it thorough almost the entire song before what appears to be an RCMP officer tells the man to calm down.

“I can’t. . . . Cuz nothing really matters,” he responds in the video. “Anyone can see. Nothing really matters . . . even the RCMP!”

As he exits the police car, he asks the officer if he has to be handcuffed.

“Are you going to get physical?” the Mountie replies.

“Physical violence is the least of my priorities,” he says.

The song was originally recorded by British rock band Queen in 1975.

The video was part of the evidence disclosure package that was given to Wilkinson when he decided to defend himself in court, said RCMP spokeswoman Doris Stapleton.

She said he then uploaded the video online. Stapleton said she’s received phone calls from as far away as New York about the video.

Wilkinson said he decided to upload the video of himself in the police cruiser after someone told him they wanted to share the video with friends.

He has pleaded not guilty to charges of impaired driving and refusing to take a breathalyzer. His case is set to go to court in November.

9 Likes

the real life make fantasy

4 Likes

There’s been rumors (and some proof too if i remember right) for a good while about a Half Life VR project, so i wouldnt get too excited about this rly.

5 Likes

Yep, Erik Wolpaw was actually working during this time on Psychonauts 2 if memory serves correctly. I believe he took a short medical leave at some point as well. Good to know he’s back!

And, yeah… I believe I’ve said before that HL3 wasn’t happening because none of the pieces were in place for the project yet. Valve would approach this project when they felt like they actually had a team capable and ready to take it on. In the meantime we had Source 2, the rumored HLVR, Source 2 conversions of current Valve titles-- they’re laying the groundwork for the day when they try to slay their goliath.

Sounds like it’s actually going to happen. So… what are the chances Epic will buy out an exclusive deal for it? :thinking:

9 Likes

Yeah that would make sense and be disappointing for me because I don’t even like VR! Which sounds par for the course with my luck if I’m being honest :rofl:

5 Likes

Me talking to literally anyone about VR

4 Likes
6 Likes

Me talking to literally anyone about VR

5 Likes

me hearing ppl talk about VR

6 Likes

The Half-Life tease email was a fake

5 Likes

Should have known… gonna binge some ice cream to mend my broken heart. :smile:

3 Likes