Introvert's Antidote - Handheld game system

Hey my dudes - the ones who know about phone / android stuff… Can I run DS stuff too like Locke’s Quest?

1 Like

Duck Duck Go says. YES! But not Free.

2 Likes

Hm. Found an option to buy a DS version for days I can sneak away with bestie’s DS - now pondering which is the better way to go.

2 Likes

It’s not available yet…have to pre order it…I just read the Google Play store…

2 Likes

I’ll likely get the DS version then. Love Tower Defense games but don’t play them on computer anymore. It’s an addiction, lol.

2 Likes

Have you played…

I have a spare key with all the DLC.

2 Likes

Aw… that’s so pretty - no never played it before. ^^ If you can spare the key, I’d love to try it out. :heart:

2 Likes

It’s 3 keys…give me a min…:heavy_heart_exclamation:

2 Likes

Yes. RetroArch or DraStic are emulators for the phone. (free and paid, respectively) Then you just need the ROM. I found locks quest pretty easily.

3 Likes

Oh? So it’s a matter of know then because if so, cool. :smile:

2 Likes

Yup. Third party games for a system are the easiest to find. Stuff like Mario Kart is harder.

2 Likes

How much is the paid one? Is that one easier to use / better etc?

2 Likes

5 USD. When I used it a long while back it was better, but RetroArch may have updated itself and gotten better.

Apparently the demo was removed from Google Play

3 Likes

@Danacscott Well you can run DS emulators on mobile phones, look into RetroArch it actually emulates most older consoles on mobile in one app, at least on Android

edit:
:laughing: I replied before reading all the other posts and seeing the other comments about RetroArch, I use it regularly and aside from a few issues with the menu I don’t have much trouble using it on my Kindle Fire tablet

3 Likes

Necro until I can think of a new topic title.

I’ve tried Retroarch which is a pain to navigate the directories but it works so well… Got in a little Secret of Evermore (SNES). Playing it in French to dust off the language, you know?

So yeah. I’m still into audiobooks, but like reading on paper more. Definitely not improving in the social outing department and happy to play more retro games.

Tablets are getting insanely beefier with RAM and processors and the larger screen is great, but phones are lighter, tis true.

All in all, Steam Deck (omg, too pricey~) and PS Vita still looking shiny. I have to get something practical and portable. >sigh<

3 Likes