Insect identification and more

Hold The Door!!!

2 Likes

You mean …The same site your son got those graphic programs??? We aim to please!:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Yup!! She just has a misconception of gamers even though she lives with 2 of them. These same pictures she has sent off to find an answer years ago and never got one. Together in less then 2 hours we gamers figured out the mystery! That has to be a big step into destroying those misconceptions :grinning:

9 Likes

GGWP we found it ( i can include myself even though i did nothing but read right?:thinking: that’s how internet works right?:fearful: )

5 Likes

Certainly not an issue, I certainly include myself, even though I was only at the first few pages of a dichotomous key hating life when we solved the identify issue.

4 Likes

:scream:

“well hello there, creature of my nightmares”

5 Likes

Clearly not a gnome who lives by salt water or familiar with the Bobbit worm.

5 Likes

Bobbit worms are scary!!! I watched a video of a guy with a salt water tank. He couldn’t figure out what was moving his huge pieces of corals. He found out a six foot bobbit worm came in one of the corals he had bought. If I found some monster like that in my tank i don’t know what I would do:open_mouth:

3 Likes

How big is your tank? I don’t own a saltwater tank (I keep a freshwater one at home) but I do care for a 125 gallon tank at my office.

5 Likes

I have 2 tanks both freshwater for axolotls. one is a 55gal and the other is a 20gal long.

5 Likes

This is the 55gal female tank. Vladimira the Inhaler is the blue one on the right and the golden albino hiding behind the drift wood is Medusa.

8 Likes

Fantastic. Vladimira is a 'big un (actually they both are). How old are they?

4 Likes

All 3 of our axotlots are about a year and a half old. Mr pink our male leucistic (he resides in the 20L) is our biggest, he measures in at 10 1/2 inches long.

2 Likes

Here is a photo of Mr Pink just so he can get some attention too :laughing:

8 Likes

My fish isn’t being particularly photogenic right now. I will take some ant pictures on Saturday and show those instead.

4 Likes

My wife, being the photographer has all the good photos. The ones I took are just from my phone. This talk with you makes me think, maybe I will start a pet post. Do you keep an ant farm?

3 Likes

Vladimira was just Vlad the inhaler until we put him and me pink in the 55g together. 4 days later Vlad laid 400ish eggs. The wife took 2 photos a day of one egg to capture the development process. It was very interesting being able to see them develop like that. She needs to put them in a slide show or something though so I we can share that experience with others. Mr. Pink also started out as princess pinky pie until he dropped um … Big ole boy bits. I guess we are bad at guessing sexes :rofl:

4 Likes

Nope, just a lot of ants for research purposes.

4 Likes

in yr pockets?

(what i mean is, wouldn’t anything u keep them in be considered an ant farm by default? [pardon my ignorance; it’s an honest inquiry])

3 Likes

well, just so happens i do, but i suppose our northern climate & waters doesn’t exactly foster such wiggly alien grubs :smile:

tho i’d still say i’m more freaked out about the/that dripping flyer there :wink:
i have a complete aversion to wasp and hornet like insects, to almost borderline a phobia :grimacing:
and think about it, bobbits might be terribly unattractive jaw worms, but, at least you know where they are, and where not to be.
with flyers/wasps & hornets you can just be sitting and minding your own tea and suddenly 1 of those monsters just decides to fly into your ear and nest!! :cold_sweat: :scream: :dizzy_face:

4 Likes