INKTOBER Is Coming!

I don’t mind!

I don’t think anyone will enforce rules and this is just something to do together. I will try to follow the prompts. But if some people don’t then its ok.

Though I think it would be nice if we draw what comes to mind when we see a prompt.:thinking:

7 Likes

We can use this thread for comments, thoughts and suggestions for Inktober. If people want to follow the prompts that’s fine. If you miss a day, don’t give up. Post the next day.

If you post it elsewhere and want to share it, give the info with your drawing. Not only use the #Inktober tag but maybe use a Chrono tag too. …Like… #InktoberChrono.gg2019 If anyone else has a better tag…post it here.

Make sure you post a drawing for the first 2 days at least…I am going to try to figure out prizes(games) for like “The Most Improved” and “Posting All 30 Days” etc. If any one has any suggestions as to how to do this, I would welcome some help. I have a lot on my plate right now…

6 Likes

As mentioned in a previous arts adjacent thread ideas is my primary weak point so prompts is definitely something that would work for me. I’m going to get an early start and post a ring today already: O

7 Likes

Yeah I saw the prompt and I was like… I can barely draw, let alone come up with something off the top of my head! But, it’s nice that it’s there. Still unsure if I will be doing this. It sounds really fun, but drawing can be extremely frustrating for me. But, I did love it when I drew awhile back even with the frustration. I can at least try. We’ll see what happens. Might practice a bit before tomorrow just to see how I’m feeling. Good Luck everyone!

6 Likes

Okay, I’m in mew. Will need some tips on inking though. I can draw from sight, but not from memory.

4 Likes

Mistakes were made, while I haven’t drawn with rapidograph in ages… Went for a night theme… It will take me 2-3 hours to finish it (not doing that).
It’s pretty abstract for RING theme and really messy, but it’s a start getting reused to drawing without a pencil. I don’t have much ink left to fill up the rest of my rapidographs, so rip detail I can get with thinner one or easier filling with thicker ones :slight_smile: - 0.5 FTW.

12 Likes

That’s lovely though ^^ Swear there a Japanese word for “moon over water” that I forgot. :heart:

6 Likes

@dusty, already breaking the rules. :thinking:

@onLooSe, thats’ really nice… Now, post it on the thread @coralinecastell suggested the challenge be held.

Are we using tags, @coralinecastell and @Fraggles???

#InktoberChrono.gg2019 and #Inktober2019

@Fraggles, you are correct. I HAVE seen worse clipart. So you did good. :+1:t3:

No, @coralinecastell, I don’t want that ring…

Good work everyone so far :heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation:

Before anyone asks…I couldn’t draw a straight line to save my soul…

Sorry this is late but we had PT today…so was kinda busy.

6 Likes

I think you’ll find none of my submissions will feature straight lines. I really don’t care for tags to be honest. We’re working with one thread so it’s not like we need some way to find separate entries spread around a number of subforums or anything.

5 Likes

Mine is still not done. Having a deadline really changes my perspective.

Ok. I’ll skip this day and try the next prompt. Or maybe upload the unfinished one later? Hmmm.

PS. The more I work on it, the worse it looks. I don’t think that’s supposed to happen. And off I GO to do more!

5 Likes

Upload it as it is, is what I am doing :+1:

5 Likes

Yeah just let us see what you’ve got. It’s not like you’re being compared to perfection here or anything. : )

@inferry that is a very well done ring though. I like how you manage to make it come off as a rounded band rather than just a flat circular surface.

5 Likes

Good thing most art doesn’t require straight lines ;D

5 Likes

Maybe when my company leaves, I will give it a run. But colour me impressed with our entries so far.

I am loving it :heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation:

3 Likes

It is never too late to pick a pencil, if you know how to write, then you already know how to draw.

Agreed, in fact greenery usually takes good advantage of random wiggly line work.

I wish I could gift myself those too :pensive:, although I think I’ll try more traditional watercolor painting first, see how that goes. :thinking:

Also, you were there before saying you didn’t know a thing about watercolor and look at what nice examples you made there.

5 Likes

@coralinecastell I really like the look of that rodent, the style is pretty much on point.

4 Likes

I haven’t had the time to do inktober yet :confused: been spending all my time working and writing, hopefully I’ll get to it soon.

4 Likes

Got busy. Spent time with bestie before she left for vacay, now busy again. T_T

3 Likes

As long as I want to pull this off… I will regret my dedication in the long run. I had no time the last few days so I tried to catch up today for 2 hours… Still missing #2 and today’s one, but here we go anyway.

3 - Bait

4 - Freeze

5 - Build

8 Likes

Oh that must been lovely but college and work eats all of my time… I even just got few free days to check the internet lol… 25 days late

4 Likes