INKTOBER Is Coming!

I donā€™t mind!

I donā€™t think anyone will enforce rules and this is just something to do together. I will try to follow the prompts. But if some people donā€™t then its ok.

Though I think it would be nice if we draw what comes to mind when we see a prompt.:thinking:

7 Likes

We can use this thread for comments, thoughts and suggestions for Inktober. If people want to follow the prompts thatā€™s fine. If you miss a day, donā€™t give up. Post the next day.

If you post it elsewhere and want to share it, give the info with your drawing. Not only use the #Inktober tag but maybe use a Chrono tag too. ā€¦Likeā€¦ #InktoberChrono.gg2019 If anyone else has a better tagā€¦post it here.

Make sure you post a drawing for the first 2 days at leastā€¦I am going to try to figure out prizes(games) for like ā€œThe Most Improvedā€ and ā€œPosting All 30 Daysā€ etc. If any one has any suggestions as to how to do this, I would welcome some help. I have a lot on my plate right nowā€¦

6 Likes

As mentioned in a previous arts adjacent thread ideas is my primary weak point so prompts is definitely something that would work for me. Iā€™m going to get an early start and post a ring today already: O

7 Likes

Yeah I saw the prompt and I was likeā€¦ I can barely draw, let alone come up with something off the top of my head! But, itā€™s nice that itā€™s there. Still unsure if I will be doing this. It sounds really fun, but drawing can be extremely frustrating for me. But, I did love it when I drew awhile back even with the frustration. I can at least try. Weā€™ll see what happens. Might practice a bit before tomorrow just to see how Iā€™m feeling. Good Luck everyone!

6 Likes

Okay, Iā€™m in mew. Will need some tips on inking though. I can draw from sight, but not from memory.

4 Likes

Mistakes were made, while I havenā€™t drawn with rapidograph in agesā€¦ Went for a night themeā€¦ It will take me 2-3 hours to finish it (not doing that).
Itā€™s pretty abstract for RING theme and really messy, but itā€™s a start getting reused to drawing without a pencil. I donā€™t have much ink left to fill up the rest of my rapidographs, so rip detail I can get with thinner one or easier filling with thicker ones :slight_smile: - 0.5 FTW.

12 Likes

Thatā€™s lovely though ^^ Swear there a Japanese word for ā€œmoon over waterā€ that I forgot. :heart:

6 Likes

@dusty, already breaking the rules. :thinking:

@onLooSe, thatsā€™ really niceā€¦ Now, post it on the thread @coralinecastell suggested the challenge be held.

Are we using tags, @coralinecastell and @Fraggles???

#InktoberChrono.gg2019 and #Inktober2019

@Fraggles, you are correct. I HAVE seen worse clipart. So you did good. :+1:t3:

No, @coralinecastell, I donā€™t want that ringā€¦

Good work everyone so far :heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation:

Before anyone asksā€¦I couldnā€™t draw a straight line to save my soulā€¦

Sorry this is late but we had PT todayā€¦so was kinda busy.

6 Likes

I think youā€™ll find none of my submissions will feature straight lines. I really donā€™t care for tags to be honest. Weā€™re working with one thread so itā€™s not like we need some way to find separate entries spread around a number of subforums or anything.

5 Likes

Mine is still not done. Having a deadline really changes my perspective.

Ok. Iā€™ll skip this day and try the next prompt. Or maybe upload the unfinished one later? Hmmm.

PS. The more I work on it, the worse it looks. I donā€™t think thatā€™s supposed to happen. And off I GO to do more!

5 Likes

Upload it as it is, is what I am doing :+1:

5 Likes

Yeah just let us see what youā€™ve got. Itā€™s not like youā€™re being compared to perfection here or anything. : )

@inferry that is a very well done ring though. I like how you manage to make it come off as a rounded band rather than just a flat circular surface.

5 Likes

Good thing most art doesnā€™t require straight lines ;D

5 Likes

Maybe when my company leaves, I will give it a run. But colour me impressed with our entries so far.

I am loving it :heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation:

3 Likes

It is never too late to pick a pencil, if you know how to write, then you already know how to draw.

Agreed, in fact greenery usually takes good advantage of random wiggly line work.

I wish I could gift myself those too :pensive:, although I think Iā€™ll try more traditional watercolor painting first, see how that goes. :thinking:

Also, you were there before saying you didnā€™t know a thing about watercolor and look at what nice examples you made there.

5 Likes

@coralinecastell I really like the look of that rodent, the style is pretty much on point.

4 Likes

I havenā€™t had the time to do inktober yet :confused: been spending all my time working and writing, hopefully Iā€™ll get to it soon.

4 Likes

Got busy. Spent time with bestie before she left for vacay, now busy again. T_T

3 Likes

As long as I want to pull this offā€¦ I will regret my dedication in the long run. I had no time the last few days so I tried to catch up today for 2 hoursā€¦ Still missing #2 and todayā€™s one, but here we go anyway.

3 - Bait

4 - Freeze

5 - Build

8 Likes

Oh that must been lovely but college and work eats all of my timeā€¦ I even just got few free days to check the internet lolā€¦ 25 days late

4 Likes