[initial post resolved] Possible new rank for trading?

@MattnessLP

You good, fam

Stuff happens. There’s still a number of people (CrazR included) that were holding out in hopes that it was just a misunderstanding, and… lo and behold.

Also… what’s this about a YouTube channel? I expect you to shill and drop a link to I can check that out. :wink:

5 Likes

@Vindace I wasn’t talking about a “Trader” rank as that makes trading a little too integral to the site. I just meant an “Ultra-Regular” or “Patron” rank… something higher than a mere Regular on the list, who was not only active and a good contributor to the site but just has something beyond that. I know some of you might not like this suggestion, but perhaps buying a Chrono deal at some point should be one of the steps towards this rank? You’d be far less likely to jump ship with a paid account than a free one, it’s the very same basic paywall that Valve uses for their own community features.

5 Likes

I have waited so long to use this at the perfect moment.

7 Likes

Ah I see what you’re saying.

4 Likes

There is a trading section on the Chrono discord, couldn’t we just refer any trades there instead of trying to add it to the site?

3 Likes

That sounds like a backward step - going from an open, persistent forum to a “chat” client? Doesn’t seem like that would make this more transparent.

7 Likes

LIAR, I know EXACTLY that you used this very same video before on Chrono!!! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6 Likes

Yeah, nah, not gonna use Discord, might as well use whatever other chat client then e.g. Telegram, WA etc…

5 Likes

ssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh they don’t know

6 Likes

@CptMold

Thanks for the interest, Captain :smile:

Here’s a link to my channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MattnessLP/

I do Let’s Plays and sometimes other things, and I wish I could upload way more often, but I tend to have a lot of shitty/busy phases like last weekend :see_no_evil:

6 Likes

Tell me about it. I’ve been working for two nights straight on a video in time for Devil May Cry HD Collection, and my computer crashed 80% of the way through the render. I’m literally fuming right now X( Youtubing sucks.

Opening up VEGAS right now to see if my project is still there… I feel like one of those people who dropped their iPhones face-down in public, having to flip over my phone while everyone is watching over their shoulder to see if it’s cracked.

4 Likes

@CptMold, sorry to hear about your disaster… Hopefully some or all of it was salvageable…

3 Likes

I think most of the project is there, but I was 80% of the way through rendering this thing. I was super proud of it, and now I’m missing out on any potential publicity while everyone is checking out the new HD collection.

4 Likes

If you are able to get a lot of it out, can you put some parts out there, and try to get through the rest? I am sure your followers would understand. Afterall, we have all dealt with similar types of electronics troubles…

4 Likes

Oh, I hope my followers understand…
Untitled
Oh right. No harm done :smiley:

5 Likes

Everyone starts at nil and work their way up, so keep working at it!

4 Likes

Yeah, this one was more for fun anyway.

Essentially, I’ve been playing the living crap out of the new Devil May Cry HD collection since it dropped on Twitch Prime. One of the first things I found out was that trying to play in a window on 144Hz monitors will cause the game to lock to 144 instead of 60. That means… double speed, double animations, double everything. Well, actually just OVER double. I have a clip of one of the hardest first bosses I’ve ever fought (due to playing in this way), and it spiraled out of control during editing into a memefest that I’m quite proud of. Hopefully I’ll have something to show for it soon.

Oh, and it was stupid to render out into 60 FPS for a 30 FPS video anyway.

EDIT: I found the file… about 600MB, and apparently 0:00 long. RIP

4 Likes

Dude you should drop a fat link in your bio or something, I think It was pretty fun ^^ I put the bell and all ^^ keep it up!

4 Likes

Ouch… There’s always the next game I suppose. Don’t let it get to you man, hard work and perseverance will pay off!

3 Likes

Thanks, but I just deleted the file and re-rendered it. Everything went fine this time, it rendered out in1440p 30 FPS over the course of about two hours. The only problem is a clip about halfway through that runs incorrectly, as well as a sync error that was fixed before the restart.

VEGAS isn’t normally that bad about autosaving, but I had two windows open at the time (generally not a good idea). It’s a trick I use to do 4x speed, rendering out the video at 2x then having it run at 2x again in the main project. Unfortunately, it autosaved the subclip and left my real project to rot.

I think it came out pretty well regardless for a first gaming video, but there’s still just a few more changes I would have wanted to make.

4 Likes