Imagine...

THE GAME IS NOT LIVE YET
OPEN FOR QUESTIONS/COMMENTS

Let’s try a new game, this time we’ll be imagining things.

The game is divided into rounds - with series of Imagine… statements describing a thing, which should be named at the round’s end.

Each round consists of the following, consecutive stages:

1st Imagine… stage - lasts until the 7th Imagine… statement is posted
2nd Imagine… stage - lasts until the 14th Imagine… statement is posted
3rd Imagine… stage - lasts until the 21st Imagine… statement is posted
Recess stage - lasts for 24 hours
It’s a… stage - lasts for 48 hours

During each of the three Imagine… stages: players can post their Imagine… statements (up to one statement per player per stage).
During the Recess stage: nothing happens.
During the It’s a… stage: players can submit their It’s a… statements (up to one statement per player per round).

An Imagine… statement should describe a single feature/quality/property/characteristic/etc. of a thing. Example:
Imagine it can be found in Latin America and Africa, but only north of the equator. (OK)
Imagine it’s an aquatic mammal that lives in Africa. (NOT ok)

Every Imagine… statement should be numbered: #1 Imagine…, #2 Imagine…, (…), #21 Imagine…
An Imagine… statement cannot contradict any of the previous Imagine… statements posted during the round.

An It’s a… statement should name a thing matching all the Imagine… statements posted during the round. The name can consist of one word only.

The first three players who post unique, matching It’s a… statements receive one game of their choice (each). These will be distributed from the pot in the order of the players’ postings. Please PM me your selections.

Any of the It’s a… statements can be challenged by other players, if considered a mismatch.

Editing of Imagine… and It’s a… statements is not allowed. If you need to change your statement, delete the original and post a new one.

The pot is shared with the Still Searching games:
Still Searching - Instance #1
Still Searching - Instance #2

The pot:

9 Likes

You want people to come up with 21 properties that all need to apply to at least one thing in the end? The game requires 7 people participating to run, this time I think you really need a caveat somewhere about what happens if not enough people involve themselves.

4 Likes

The sads will happen. Many sads.

6 Likes

Imagine a game system that could easily be changed to not have a fatal flaw in it.

5 Likes

#1: Imagine if the world was made of glazed donuts?

4 Likes

I think it’s gonna be hard but we will see what happens. Also, like Fraggles said, you would need to add some extra rule if not enough people participates.

6 Likes

I’ll live.

4 Likes

3 Likes

Why are the three Imagine phases separate? What makes them different and unable to be just one, big, 21 Imagines phase?

4 Likes

Good question. They don’t differ in any way.
There are three, because I want each player to have a chance to submit up to three Imagine… statements, yet without being able to dump them all at once (extensively skewing the construct their way).
It also regulates the time availability, pacing and concurrency.

5 Likes

Now the game master has spoken…

2 Likes