I want to hear about your experiences playing VR space/flight sims!

I have an assignment to find out about people’s experiences playing VR games and/or space/flight simulators. Any Chronies want to chat or share a story or two?

3 Likes

Would you elaborate a little bit more on the nature of the assignment? It might help with people fashioning answers a bit. Personally I have very little experience with VR games. Though space/flight sims perhaps slightly more, but I think depending on the degree of detail to which you would need for putting into your project, the conversations may run a bit differently.

4 Likes

I’m primarily aiming to talk with folks who own a VR headset, but if you’ve ever played a VR game, or been interested in doing so, that’s enough!

3 Likes

What do you want to know exactly? The only VR game I’ve played that fits the topic is Elite Dangerous. It was a decent experience, much like a racing game it works pretty well in VR.

4 Likes

I’m primarily interested in hearing how you feel about (in your case) Elite: what you like about it, what changes you’d like, etc – especially compared to other VR games you’ve played.

Would you be up for a synchronous conversation sometime this week?

3 Likes

That depends. I don’t really have that much to say about anything VR nor do I have experience with newer headsets (OG Rift 2016 here).
Would it be something you plan on uploading anywhere or just your own curiousity?

4 Likes

This is an assignment for class, so I’ll take a few notes, but I won’t be uploading our conversation anywhere. I’m happy to share a summary of what I learn if you want though.

3 Likes

Alright I can have a chat, not that I think I’d be much help.

4 Likes

Don’t undersell yourself! I’ll send you a message to set up a time. And thanks!

4 Likes

I know @HappyCabbage has a lot of VR games…He might be able to help if he’s around…

4 Likes

I’m around, and yes, happy to help. Drop me a line and let me know what you need :slight_smile: @urbivore

3 Likes

puts on tinfoil hat

You are an eeeeeevil scientist plotting a secret experiment under the guise of VR questions.

takes off tinfoil hat

I don’t have VR anyway so I’ll just be silly. I want to see what you turn in as an assignment after you finish though!

3 Likes

I should be able to share a brief write-up in August. If I forget, just send me a message.

3 Likes

Thanks @HappyCabbage and @Truly for sharing your perspectives!

If anyone else wants to chat about VR, or if you know someone who does, send me a message!

4 Likes