Humble Train Sim Expedition Bundle

13 Likes

@Danacscott

5 Likes

Damn… I like trains. At least got to get that $1 tier. ^^ Ty @Pylinaer

5 Likes

I would probably get T1 too… Not too keen on buying into games that have so much DLCs though.

6 Likes

Hmmmmmm. I really wanna get Tier 1 but I know I’ll have difficulties playing without a wheel, and wheels and other joysticks for simulation games is out of stock world wide. Ugh!

5 Likes

But it’s a mechanism on tracks… do you really need a wheel? I am asking this question in all seriousness because I never would associate driving a train with using a wheel…

7 Likes

It is just something I know will be a pain on keyboard and mouse. I bought two sims that are, to me, impossible to play on it. I’d hate to add another sim that could end up like that. lol

7 Likes

Not sure what are the customs around the world, but in Poland they be drifting all the time:

smooch

13 Likes

when a game is so much DLC, it breaks the limits of Steam’s “show all/add all to cart” :woozy_face:

and omg the price of them @_@, wth is it with these simulator type games and dlc’s/“expansion” content vs full games :dizzy_face:

5 Likes

Well there’s DLC and then there’s DLC, this isn’t just skins, an overpowered weapon or a sack of uneven numbered gems to spend. These are meant to be for train simulation enthusiasts and certainly not a gotta grab them all or your game is left incomplete sort of fare. I imagine mapping out and modeling a whole cross country route does take some time and effort so I don’t think it’s unreasonable to charge for them, the train sets are cheaper but they’re supposed to be simulations of their real world counterparts so assuming they’ve done the job well it they don’t really look unreasonable to me.

I’ve been curious about this title before, but since I’m NOT an enthusiast train emulation hobbyist I’ve never bothered. But for 1€ I’ll probably check it out, might even throw in the 4.5€ for a few extra trains.

5 Likes

Agree, it’s not just like the dumb blood gems “add on” aka cheat for DMC 5 Deluxe, it’s actual content - new designs, new locations etc. Tis definitely worth paying for… just the art alone >>

Grr at Samurai Shodown making a guy pay for Sogetsu though, grr. Maybe they do that to make the base game cheaper and more likely to be purchased?

3 Likes

what i mean is, aside from the staggering amount, which seems to be a “feature” of sim type games, is;
when your individual dlc, regardless of game type, has a price of 30€ a pop, regardless of serving 1 or 222 dlc, - it’s a price that in my mind requires a certain level of content.
And while i don’t know how much/“what exactly” a new track means/adds overall, (nor am i trying to diminish the amount of potential work required for something like this that isn’t merely a MS google earth scan map addition), “glancing” at the packs and description it doesn’t appear to me to be anywhere near in that "content requirement"ballpark for me; since 30€ = basically a full game if not more these days.

And i totally get these types of sim games are super niche, and cater to specific type of people, and serve them “well” in offering things piecemeal so they can get specifically what fit their hobby desires, but i still can’t help but feel that on appearance; it just seems way overpriced…
Like, Dovetail is somehow basically making Paradox seem like charitable saints by comparison :sweat_smile:

edit, suppose something that could “highlight”/help to demonstrate a bit the perceived price absurdity is some of the packs, coming with multiple tracks(30€dlc) for 40bucks, which by any regular game pack is a colossal “discount”, showing off the individual inflated price

6 Likes

Also, the fact that these don’t seem to ever get high discounts at all pretty much makes purchasing the yearly bundle (be it on Steam or HB) the only affordable method for most I assume

3 Likes

Thanks @Luxen :sparkles: :dizzy: :sparkles:

I’ve been wondering. Has anyone played this, and if so, how many “routes” (locations) are included in the base game, and where are they located? Thanks. :railway_track: :eyes: :railway_track:

5 Likes

from the Humble bundle description when you click it (which seems to match steam and wiki)

Fife Circle Line
With Train Simulator’s Fife Circle Line, you can marvel at the mix of modern and historic infrastructure, including the striking and instantly recognisable Forth Rail Bridge, as well as the new Edinburgh Gateway station. Experience all this and more across 49 miles between Edinburgh and Dunfermline via Kirkaldy, aboard modern traction such as the BR Class 68, Class 158 and Class 170.
Norddeutsche-Bahn
Experience the 80 km Kiel-Lubeck Railway in the heart of the Schleswig-Holstein, amongst the most scenic areas of Northern Germany. Step aboard hard-working traction such as the DB BR 648 DMU and DB BR 218 diesel locomotive, taking passengers across stunning vistas and through the heart of forested plains.
Clinchfield Railroad
Train Simulator’s Clinchfield Railroad recreates the northern portion of the CRR, where the railroad wove its way through the daunting and magnificent Appalachian Mountains and in the process served a variety of on-line coal mines. Take the throttle of the motive power featured with the route such as the EMD GP7 and F7, EMD SD40, and EMD GP38

5 Likes

Thanks @Gnuffi :sparkles: :dizzy: :sparkles:

5 Likes

Thanks @Luxen :heavy_heart_exclamation: :heavy_heart_exclamation: :heavy_heart_exclamation:

I already have the base game plus 7 of the DLCs; 2 of which are over 40 dollars. I KNOW I didn’t pay full price for this. Must have been some bundle. I did buy one because I lived there and used it as lark once a year and rode down to Miami with friends…FUN TIMES!!!
https://store.steampowered.com/app/277752/Train_Simulator_Miami__West_Palm_Beach_Route_AddOn/

6 Likes

There was a bundle on Humble the same time last year got Tier 1 then I think. Not played it much but it is actually pretty neat.

5 Likes

I just bought the $1 tier, and my wife bought it as well. We plan to play it together. :railway_track: :nerd_face: :smirk: :railway_track:

6 Likes

Aw…made me smile that. Tis sweet. ^^

4 Likes