Humble Store summer sale Encore (more stamps to collect, new free games)

yeah same, missed some nice ones, especially glass masquerade which honestly is the one that looks like the nicest one to me from all those free games on humble over last year…

this time, missing it tho was purely me finding out about the sale encore and stamps a bit too late (today actually)… oh well… some other time i guess.

but i think if you collected enough stamps you will get it when they restock…

3 Likes

Yes i know, but i don’t have a lot of faith in this ever happening. It’s not that i’m expecting it either, it just feels bad to miss out because of time zones.

4 Likes

These recent “HB Collect Stamps” free giveaways have been plagued by bot makers who are claiming keys fast, which leaves us decent participants unable to receive any free key. Oh well, a raffle is a raffle I guess… :weary:

3 Likes

When they first slapped those retroactive deadlines onto games I sent a support query to them asking what was going on and how they thought that was a brilliant idea. Got a response today

Hi there,

We sincerely apologize for the frustration that was caused around our free games during our Summer Sale. We did our best to message the limited quantities of keys that we had, but clearly that effort fell short. We absolutely appreciate the honest feedback we have received and will strive to do better in the future.

I am sorry to say that we are not going to be able to provide keys to those advertised games. But Braveland does have a drm free build on its download page. As an apology, I want to provide you with this gifted key for another game, Murderous Pursuits:

Murderous pursuits, maybe would have been fine if this was The ship giveaway they botched. But I don’t want this junk I wanted Glass Masquerade.

But there we have it at least, despite the site saying they will backfill these giveaways it’s looking like they wont be.

5 Likes

i’ve got a key you can try, but like, no guarantees or anything given how all this went down, i’ll pm it to you if you want

6 Likes

It wasn’t really a game I was dying to play or anything, just seemed interesting enough to be worth collecting those stamps for. What I really wanted was for humble to honour their undertakings. But thanks though.

3 Likes

Oh bloody hell. I promised that game for my auld dear Mum as well.

Thanks for doing the legwork and finding out, bud. At least I know not to keep checking for it now.

And then there’s these people:
https://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/hqAHA/glass-masquerade

I know it’s not against the rules but it’s so incredibly frustrating.

1 Like