Humble Hot Date Bundle

Well, I thought we are past February already, but I guess Humble is still stuck there.

Not bad, just not my cup of tea…

Tier 1:

BTA tier:

Tier 3:

Tier 4:

All in all, it looks like Humble is really trying to push people to buy that language bundle to learn Japanese so you can listen to the voice overs… :rofl:

8 Likes

Neat, I think we’ve managed to find a VN dating sim for @hivefleetbothan

it promises “explicit insect-ual content”

Out of the first tier only Highway Blossom contains anything explicit and only if you patch it.

For tier 2
Ladykiller in a bind the only one with sex scenes and some rape scenes, though all should be avoidable. But worse than that the character art looks really kind of wonky.
Though I suppose you could claim Genital jousting is nothing BUT sex scenes of a non-consensual nature.

Tier 3
G-senjou no Maou - Good mystery VN from what I’m told, featuring actual detective work. Unclear on the state of the 18+ patch as they’ve said they’re working on it. The widescreen version is possibly just the 4:3 visuals cut down to size so that’s kind of weird.

Sunrider - A pretty decent series of VN dating sim/turn based tactical combat sci-fi games. All 3 titles have 18+ patches to be had.

4th tier
Clannad - Old classic highly regarded VN. Nothing explicit going on here but the art is very old style anime which might look a little weird today. If you like romantic stories though it’s one you should probably have a go with.

All in all I think the 3rd tier might be a good pick this time around, if this is the sort of content you’re looking for. I probably wouldn’t bother with the BTA tier but maybe worth tossing $1 at highway blossom if you want some awkward lesbians.

7 Likes

bundle; meets wide berth… -keeps a close eye on the price for genital jousting :face_with_monocle:
:rofl:

6 Likes

I might get tier 1 to gift a friend. :thinking:

4 Likes

I was expecting Huniepop. Was disappointed.

Clannad is the only one I would potentially be interested in.

5 Likes

I am a big fan of Christine Love works, especially the two Hate Story explorative visual novels. But Killer In a Bind looks like it’s not my cup of tea, even though I’ve seen the writing and know it’s brilliant, as always. Maybe I’ll just grab the first tier this time.

3 Likes

You: interested in pairing both bundles and getting the best of both worlds for your Japanese learning experience

Me, an intellectual: Genital Jousting

6 Likes

@Gnuffi I have only one dating game that even comes close to my lifestyle.

6 Likes

I just realized there is a cactus in the picture…

which reminds me of this:

4 Likes

3rd tier seems interesting, and Clannad is a classic (or so I’ve heard), but I have no interest in the lower tiers at all. easy pass this time.

2 Likes