Humble Gift Links

I have a quick question for anyone who might know.

So Humble generates a gift-link when you decide to make your game/key into a gift. You then send the link out via email to whomever you wish.

I was under the impression that there would be some kind of notification from Humble to the sender that the original ink has been redeemed. But I can’t seem to find this information anywhere.

Anyone have any ideas? How to find out if your giftlink has been redeemed?

Thank you!
~Y

3 Likes

I don’t think you get any sort of notification about the gift being redeemed. But I believe that the entry in your humble library will be removed when it is. So if it’s still in your list of keys then it has probably not been claimed.

3 Likes

Hmm… there is one I know is redeemed, but it is still sitting there…

3 Likes

Well that’s weird, I’m reasonably certain that’s how it’s supposed to work. Been a long time since I used the humble gift link option but I remember I preferred to use the gift link system rather than revealing the key because it’d be removed from my library and pretty sure it was.

But I could of course be entirely wrong, send me a gift link to redeem and I’ll test it for you. : )

4 Likes

So this is the screen that shows up when I go to create a gift link:

@Fraggles, the only game I have on Humble that you don’t already have is Broken Sword 5, if you want it, it’s yours, buddy…

3 Likes

No thanks, that’s alright, I’d need to get hold of 4 then or have a gap and I can’t sit around with a gap in my library like that.
So yeah, that seems to support the idea that it’ll be removed right?

6 Likes

:rofl: okay, mister who cannot have a gap…

But the issue is, it generates a link that is still in my key library, but the link stays there after it’s been redeemed… so I have a link forever sitting there…

EDIT:

Problem solved, if I just use the link I know is already redeemed, I put it into my browser and here’s what I get:

5 Likes

@fraggles, this is only if you are interested… but you can get all 5 of them for 5.99 at the moment on Fanatical, with a 10% off code on the site as well:

https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/broken-sword-complete-pack

4 Likes