Humble Classics Return Bundle

If anyone is buying this bundle and wants to trade for Shadowrun: Dragonfall or Shadowrun: Hong Kong, send me a PM :wink:

7 Likes

check your PM :wink:

6 Likes

Damnitā€¦I had the Humble page up at $5.76, went away to get something to eat and then when I came back 40 or so minutes later whatā€™s the first thing I do? Hit refreshā€¦So, it appears I will not be adding Wasteland 2 to my libraryā€¦:stuck_out_tongue:

Brain fuzz ruins lives.

8 Likes

ā€œproā€ tip, donā€™t hit refresh when on low price, just keep page as is and buy (after confirming on other browser/device price has gone up) :sunglasses: -then you buy for the price you see on that page :smirk:

tho, wasteland 2 for 7.50 still seem like a an absolute steal, if into that sorta thing (i paid 12bucks for it on itā€™s own and sure donā€™t regret it)

9 Likes

That is a pretty great bundle. Except for the top tier which is absolute garbage.
Well Dreamfall chapters was alright but pretty weak compared to itā€™s predecessors. I kickstarted both of these games and I was not greatly pleased in the end.

I have almost everything I want from this one except for Age of Wonders 3, so if anyone getting that one spare Iā€™d be happy to give it a loving home.

6 Likes

Decided to go to Bundle Splits and bought Wasteland 2 for just over $2. Might have liked AoW3 and Xenonauts but realistically I got what I wanted.

7 Likes

Went for Tier 2 at $7.50. Looks like a solid bundle. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Damnitā€¦Iā€™m now curious about Xenonauts. Note to selfā€¦stop reading about games you donā€™t ownā€¦theyā€™re generally always more appealing than when you actually do own them!

4 Likes

Thatā€™s so true! LOL!
Step 1: See game in discussion/bundle/review/etc.
Step 2: Look at Steam page, look at screenshots/trailer video.
Step 3: Self-inflicted compulsion to buy game.
Step 4: Buy game.
Step 5: Let game sit in library forā€¦ ever?

10 Likes

Thatā€™s essentially the PC gamers code.

8 Likes

If you enjoy the old X-com games then this is definitely worthy a try. Itā€™s a little clunky and unpolished in some aspects, but itā€™s everything X-com used to be.

3 Likes

Howeverā€¦I have just discovered OpenXCom, and my inner cheapskate is telling me that whilst Iā€™d like Xenonauts, Iā€™m not sure I can justify it to myself. But, since I own the original XCom this could be a great way to not buy Xenonauts and yet still have fun! Yay, everyoneā€™s a winner!

3 Likes

and here I wasā€¦ so excited to get the top tierā€¦ so full of joy

3 Likes

If those games are what you wished for, then totally! :slight_smile: Thatā€™s why there are so many games, thereā€™s something for the each of us.

3 Likes

To be perfectly honest, I hate Xenonauts. Wellā€¦ I donā€™t hate it. Hate is a strong word. I just found it to be an inferior version of X-COM in every way. If you want a quality X-COM experience, play the new ones for a slightly heretical but fun take on the series or play the OpenXcom source port for the full experience. That source port is X-COM Vanilla+, a general improvement in every way without compromising the experience. Windows support, unlocked framerates, turn counters, no more stutters or freezes, instant menus, bugfixes, and general improvements over the entire game.

3 Likes

Well I just bought tier 2 and iā€™ll probably never get around to playing any of them :rofl:

4 Likes

My goal is to get to the Shadowrun games hopefully in the near future, and I wanted to play Age of Wonders since that one came out, but I was in the middle of a very time demanding part of my life that I didnā€™t really play any games for about 7 years, so it got put way into the back of maybe things to do for the future. Now hopefully I will have time for it!

4 Likes

Good luck with your goal :grinning:

4 Likes

The point I made about Xenonauts and the old X-com is that Xenonauts kept all the good things that the new XCOM games threw out. All the things that I found made the new XCOM games so disappointing. Everything is just a little bit crappy but at least itā€™s there.

3 Likes

Well, using charm, wits and incredible luck Iā€™ve scored both Wasteland 2 and Xenonauts for just a tiny fraction over $3. I consider that a pretty good dealā€¦

Also OpenXCom looks fab.

8 Likes