Humble Bundle?

Sorry for the lame title
But uh here’s the story.
I have £5 on my PayPal And I Was Wondering if I Should Save it For The Bundles From Humble ($1tier) is it a good idea?

5 Likes

Sounds like a solid plan, unless there’s a game specifically that you want to buy from them from the store.

You might need to elaborate a bit more, but saving for the 1$ tiers certainly would yield the highest quantity of games from Humble.

5 Likes

that would be a great plan, there have been some awesome games in the $1 tiers. You might even get lucky and be able to get a BTA tier for that if you get there early enough.

4 Likes

Humble Bundle is a great site. Can’t go wrong with 3 games for $1 (or 10 for $12). If there are games in the bundle you don’t want, you can give them away or trade them.

@Tencore, great avatar by the way!

6 Likes

BTA, what’s that?

3 Likes

Beat The Average. There’s three tiers to Humble-- a set price, $1, and a middle tier with the average price (plus one cent).

That said, you’re kinda SOL if the first person to buy it spends $10. :\

4 Likes

Ah, I kinda wanna be the first now xD.

2 Likes

Ohh So If You’re one of the first you’ll get the middle tier for dirt cheap. mind blown

3 Likes

Yeah, but good luck being the first to a bundle that starts in the middle of Tuesday.

3 Likes

Usually what happens is that even when I get in the humble bundle site immediately after it refreshes, there’s already a bunch people (anonymous) who have pitched $25 dollars at it even when the top tier is at $12 or $15. But a lot of people buy the $1 tier so the average sits fairly low. Then the average ramps up gradually over the course of 1-2 days, depending on the contents of the bundle. It will usually go up by about $2-3 usually before stabilizing. So often you can get a BTA tier 2 bundle early for close to $5, a little less even if you are really quick in the beginning. They will often stabilize later at $6.50-$7.50 range by the end for a fairly average $12 bundle, and about $9.50-$11.00 for a $15 bundle.

Keep in mind that the Humble bundles are released on Tuesdays, usually right at the same time (or close to) the Chrono daily deal refresh. So hop over on Tuesdays and try your luck at the BTA tiers. Of course this is only useful if you want to get tier 2.

By the way, another point of advice is that if you go to the page, make sure you look at the bundle, and DO NOT navigate away from the page or refresh it. That first number you see is the BTA price you have to pay. You can leave the page open for hours and decide if you want it as long as the page sits there. If you refresh, you will see the average climb fairly steadily, especially for a good bundle at tier 3.

These are just what I have seen, not looking at sales history charts or anything, so someone correct me if you have differing opinions.

7 Likes

Technically, the humble bundle comes out 2 hours after the chronos daily deal refresh. And the BTA always starts at $6.

7 Likes

^this :+1:
tuesdays on 8pm CET/7pm GMT, every time “on the dot”, -when they decide to actually have a bundle, since some weeks they dont have any to feature apparently :thinking:

but sometimes tier1 has (to some) been better than tier 2, so always worth to take an extra look before deciding or rushing in to buy T2 :wink:

5 Likes

Thanks for the clarification, I never tried to find out the exact timing, since it always happens when I am at work. I go check it when I get the Humble email or if I see some other notification elsewhere. Thanks to you, now I have a weekly alarm set for the moment, so I could dive in early and look.

This is totally true, I have had buyer’s regret several times after throwing down the tier two and realizing that the $1 games were all I wanted… This is because they have now, stupidly, a mystery game or two that becomes available a week following the initial release of the bundle, and these are in tier 2… Their schemes, I know what they are, but I just fall straight in… :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Yup, I think the longest I have had the page up and decided to buy the bundle was about 3 days. Another great tip is if you get on early, best time is within the first 20 minutes or so, to have two pages up and always refresh the highest BTA tier price. That way if it goes up you are always locked in at a lower amount.

@GanbaRANGER Thanks, are you also a 49er fan?

3 Likes

Does it? I swear I have BTA with under $5

3 Likes

It always starts at $6 when the bundle first comes out, but can go far below that if more people buy the $1 tier rather than tier 3.

4 Likes

Ah ok then. That explains it. Cheers!

4 Likes

Think the best one as far as price for value that I got was the rust bundle, Best of 2016, $3.16 was an amazing deal :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Indeed! :football:

2 Likes

… and twas a happy ever after ending

(sry, but that movie has ruined me for life, everytime i hear '9ers, that pops in my head… among others) :smile:

4 Likes