Humble Bundle Brawler Bundle

Many reasons lately to dislike Humble Bundle, but then they go and put this neat little package together.

The first tier is great on it’s own but the full package is also remarkable value for the money. If you like fighting games at least. 2nd tier is a bit weird though, don’t think a lot of people are going to beat the average for this one.

9 Likes

I can’t begin to judge this because I don’t really play Vs fighting games, and to me a Brawler is something like the classic side scrollers such as Steets of Rage or Renegade. Plus Skull Girls seems to have been on sale/bundle about a billion times before.

But I suppose if you haven’t picked up any fighting games recently Tier 1 is a good proposition?

8 Likes

Wasn’t Skull Girls even given away for free at some point?

5 Likes

i already had skull girls and rivals of aether from other bundles, so didn’t know how to judge or gauge this bundle in terms of “value”
-then i remembered something very very important for me;
i’ve disliked fighting games for so many years :blush:, so i’d have no real reason to buy it, regardless of bundle’s value

8 Likes

Yeah, calling it a brawler bundle when brawler is a wholly different genre was not a brilliant move on their part.

What’s up with Street Fighter X Tekken btw? Is it dead due to GWFL? No reviews and no discussion board from what I can tell. Looks almost scummy for it to remain on sale. Does anyone own the title and know what happened there?

7 Likes

I think if it was free I’d probably already have it…but it’s been bundled 8 times and the historical lowest price has been 69 pence (or under a dollar).

6 Likes

i’m gonna bet if it’s not the cause, it probably at least plays a major role in the “mixed score”… :man_facepalming:

would have been sorta nice if all devs/pubs had had the decency to patch that cancer out by now…

5 Likes

Not Humble but in case you missed it…released today -

Screenshot-2018-2-28%20CHRONO%20TRIGGER%C2%AE%20on%20Steam

How is that even possible??? Good work Square-Enix…you had one job…

7 Likes

Oh no, Sqeenix!
https://imgur.com/gallery/4Be0fOP

Stop, why are you ruining your back catalogue one game at a time?

6 Likes

Because they apparently ported the mobile version, which apparently wasn’t that great either.

4 Likes

Ooh that first tier. I haven’t gotten a good fighting game in forever, so a buck for Blazblue and Guilty gear are mighty tempting. Kinda eh on Skullgirls though.

4 Likes

I bought the $1 tier here mainly to get hold of the skullgirls soundtrack which has a lot of jazzy goodness on it. Highly recommended for that alone.

5 Likes

It is a bard port of a mobile port. That is why. I don’t know how they could mess this up, really. :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

That explains it. Never trust these guys when it comes time to port your game…

Sorry :blush:

12 Likes

Not only that, it requires you to enter your age before letting you see a 25 year old game…

4 Likes

Don’t be, it’s great, the joke that is.

4 Likes