How to Download Your OLD PlayStation Games Before the Store Closes

I don’t have one but I know others do…

9 Likes

Now that it is down officially, maybe codders will have an easier job with PSP(V) and PS3 emulation.

6 Likes

So, even though the store will be closing, they will keep the files available. For people who have purchased the games digitally and own them through their playstation accounts, they will still be able to download the game to their existing systems and continue to play without any problems. The games are not going away, it’s kind of like Steam games that get pulled from the store. Except for the whole store for the system is getting pulled.

9 Likes

I don’t trust Sony to keep the download servers open much longer so I downloaded my purchased games a couple of days ago, so I don’t have to worry about that when the inevitable email arrives.

I am bummed about the shop though. I’d been slowly expanding my PSOne Classics collection as I had money and space, and now I won’t be able to keep doing that. And I can’t afford to buy up all the stuff I wanted now in one go.

4 Likes

The stores were bound to get shut down at some point, I’m honestly surprised it took this long.

4 Likes