Horizon: Zero Dawn Complete Edition PC available on Steam, Epic and GOG!

:no_mouth: meanwhile still stuck repeating Grim Dawn play over and over:expressionless:

5 Likes

I’m not experiencing an issue with the game, and neither are my sisters or my friends who pre-ordered it. Then again, I know enough about PCs that when the driver came out for it, I did a clean install of it (the one with the fixes for HZD). It seems like it all seems to boil down to the shader builder at the start of the game. Most of the people with issues reported it failed or crashed during it. It is probably something related to that.

I’ve watched dozens of streamers play without issue, like for example Cyanide. If you think that’s a lot of people with issues, just remember that those who don’t have them will not be spamming forums with “it works great”. I’m not saying these people aren’t having problems, far from it, I’m saying it is actually a very minor part of the audience and they will, of course, be more vocal about it than those who are not experiencing them.

3 Likes

Horizon is coming tomorrow to GOG: Horizon Zero Dawn™ Complete Edition on GOG.com

For those that want a DRM-Free version of this game, these are awesome news.

5 Likes

I should have waited. I heard this news the day it was announced and got super disappointed. I much would have preferred it on GOG, but I am happy they made the decision! :blush:

5 Likes

That’s the problem with GOG. They get games later down the road, so people never know if they’ll get released there or not.

3 Likes

I just never expected this at all. xD

3 Likes

I know so sign up for their emails. I keep hoping for some more GOG Connect offers…

4 Likes

Me neither :smiley:

1 Like

I needed a new GPU before playing it either way so this is just great news all around. But of course once I do buy that new GPU and the rest of the system I’ll be doing so in order to play cyberpunk and that one is bound to last me a while and sate my desire for open world shenanigans for some time, I suspect. So maybe Horizon will have time to end up in a cheap bundle or giveaway before I get around to it.

4 Likes

I am signed up, but I’m talking more about how games are announced for Steam, then released and only after a while (sometimes years) appear on GOG. Horizon released on Steam and EGS in August.

Now it appears on GOG out of nowhere. Being the game it is and not knowing before hand, people might have assumed it would never appear there.

Maybe at the time there were no plans to release on GOG.

As for GOG connect, maybe they’ll do something on the Winter Sale (that’s when they usually do nowadays).

3 Likes

You get that game, I’m moving in - just saying. Yes.

3 Likes