Hide keys on the Orders page

I’m probably just being stupidly paranoid, but I’d like the keys on the Orders page to be hidden by default, and require clicking to show, like how Humble does it. There could be an “auto-show” setting for users who don’t want the extra clicks.

This would be good for people using Chrono in a public space (e.g. using a laptop on campus or at an airport) and for people who want to show Chrono off on stream or want to make a video about it. Not everyone redeems their keys right away.

As I recall, the order confirmation page also shows the key, and I believe this should have the same click to show feature (and be affected by the same auto-show setting).

11 Likes

so much agree, “freely visible” page always make me slightly paranoid…
another bonus of this "click to reveal"system, it would really help with the “what keys have i already redeemed?”-thingy some might question themselves about at times…

5 Likes

My Wuppo order came with two keys. Therefore, there’s a dropdown menu to click before actually revealing the keys. The same does not happen with my (magnificent) Garfield Kart order, for example, which shows the key right away:

(my key is already redeemed, I only hid it so no crazy folk would come about trying to see if it was really redeemed)

I think that simply applying a default drop-down menu to all orders would already be great, although implementing @Gnuffi’s suggestion would be far more fantastic.

2 Likes

i forgot the packs/multiple key choices came with a drop down, that’s at least a start
hmm, my enter the gungeon got 2x separate entries… (1 key in each entry)
i wonder if it was because of “glitch” purchase or if the drop down only happens to “pack” deals/purchases :thinking:
any1 ever bought multiple keys in the same purchase of “non-pack”-deals? and noticed if the drop down happens or get a separate entry per “game”/key?

1 Like

I think this is most likely the case.

I’d like to know how Minion Masters is displayed.

to my knowledge minion masters is only 1 key from chrono,
the extra game comes in your inventory directly, but first upon activation on the first key
so i’m gonna presume a freely visibly order page like the other single purchases

1 Like

We’ll be rolling support for this soon. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Can confirm, freely visible as it is

1 Like

I am just bumping this to say that I like the idea of having all of the keys hidden, be it from the Coin Store or from the regular Today’s Deal purchases. On the other sites, the keys are hidden until they are clicked to show. Once they are shown, they stay visible. This is a great way for me to keep track of which keys I haven’t looked at (activated) so I can come back and put them into giveaways or trades, etc. So I am hoping that this will come along to chrono.gg soon. :-). And big thank you to the admin folks for being so responsive always and helpful!

7 Likes

While I like the idea of using hide/reveal as a way to track redeemed keys, I’d like the option to hide revealed keys too. I give some of my keys to friends, so I can’t be completely sure when they’ve been redeemed. Plus, sometimes I just get trigger-happy with reveal buttons 8D

2 Likes

I understand. I get like that too! I end up activating a bunch in a row or giving some away due to that reason.

Maybe what we can do is have on the Orders Page a Chrono Coin for us to click to indicate that we have activated the key, in addition to keeping the keys hidden. That way we can be the ones to track it instead of a website function.

5 Likes