Halo is officially on steam!

Dang just saw this myself

3 Likes

nice

2 Likes

I’m shocked it’s not on the Microsoft Store (or at least if it is I can’t find it).

Edit: Turns out it’s still coming to the Microsoft Store but just the fact that it’s coming to Steam at the same time still has me shocked.

3 Likes

it will be on the windows store soon.

4 Likes

Halo on PC is awesome, but give me Halo 2 and then we’ve got a deal.

3 Likes

It looks like 343 is pushing the games out in order (kinda) so their not pushing all the games out on one set release date, their going to start with halo reach, which should run at 60 fps, and go on from there releasing each one of the classic halo games after they fine tune one after another. So you could in fact choose which halo game you would like to buy separately and what content you would like to download from that game, like multiplayer only, campaign or both. After halo reach is released on steam, next up is halo CE, halo 2, etc… I really hope its cross platform for both microsoft store and steam.

4 Likes

Sounds good to me. Halo 2 is probably my favorite of the whole series, what with the dual wielding, the superjumps, and the classic scarab gun easter egg. Not to mention the soccer ball. the multiplayer was great too.

3 Likes

i want to 2072 when nintendo release his games in pc

1 Like

ugh I tried this a few years ago and I dare to say it didn’t age well, I mean it’s playable, but I wouldn’t wanna play it

looking forward to newer Halo titles tho, would probably give halo 4 another shot

1 Like

y kind of a bummer, was hoping for 1 collection purchase, but i guess they want to milk us, MOOOO

5 Likes

This collection strategy… well, I remember how rough the MCC was when it came out, so I’ll go ahead and say it now: it’s for the best.

Let me tell you, I’d much rather have each game release consecutively, even if it takes a year per game, if it means each one gets a fair shot at having a thriving community. Games that launch broken might eventually stabilize online, at best, but they will NEVER recover fully from a false start.

Come out of the gates swinging and everyone leaves happy. Also, I’m physically incapable of anger now that Reach through ODST digitally available on PC is a real thing.

Remember that hype thread I made? Yeah, screw that thread. I just straight up don’t care about any of those now. MCC is the only game that I want now. It’s all I need.

6 Likes

I must say i never seen that much appeal in this franchize. Always been quake/unreal tournament guy myself then it came to cempetitive fps games.

Though i remember playing one of the games . If i remember it started on some beach/tropical island setting . Cant remember which one was that ;/ Game was okay i guess . Didint blew my mind.

4 Likes

343 knows they are literally dealing with a community similar to the chemical compound Nitroglycerin. One wrong move or mistake and it explodes.

They are doing this right. Staging it to get more time to get each game right and telling us that fact right out of the gate.

4 Likes

(I feel like there’s nothing mind blowing about it, it’s simply nostalgia and a good production value…and a nude AI)

1 Like

So Xbox has now officially no good exclusives for the console.

1 Like

:male_detective: “hello GameForWindowsLive, ready for second attempt to infiltrate, tovarishch zpion?..”

4 Likes

(I feel like there’s nothing mind blowing about it, it’s simply nostalgia and a good production value…and a nude AI)

I am simply cannot express my disappointment with this sentence.

6 Likes

Must be the Nostalgia :grin:

2 Likes

one word, Eldewrito.

2 Likes

so that’s a fan made mod

for Halo Online, not Halo 1

How is that relevant to my statement about Halo 1?

1 Like