Giveaway steam code for War for the Overworld (closed)

EDIT:
Here it is if it hasn’t been taken yet:

VV?8E-GGZEN-0I5PC
? = 20-11

I was generously given a free steam code by chrono.gg and they found an extra code for me since I didn’t see a notification that there were new games from a previous deal from the coin shop logo which seemed to happen occasionally for me (could have been just some bugs) and the game was taken pretty quickly too or I just got to the page too late or didn’t notice it :sweat_smile: I decided not to accept it due to my previous statements and I wanted to be nice and have somebody snag it instead.

16 Likes

I really hope whoever took it shows some appreciation, but for your key’s safety next time you might want to replace at least one character of the code with “?” and some sort of a small task like 20 minus 11 (which is the third character).

Bots might be lurking after all :slight_smile: and thanks for doing this!

8 Likes

Your explanation is kind of confusing. And I do hope whoever took it does show their appreciation as well. First time I’ve ever done this. Thanks for letting me know cuz I know bots are out there and read about that, just never thought about how I would even prevent them from getting it.

5 Likes

VV?8E-GGZEN-0I5PC
? = 20-11

4 Likes

I see what you mean. Thanks a lot. That’s really smart!

5 Likes

I really do hope a bot didn’t get it. That would make me really sad :cry:

5 Likes

I don’t think we got bots here so far… but it’s always better to be on the safe side :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Definitely agree :grinning:

3 Likes

Whoever took the code please show your appreciation and or let me know you took it. I just want to make sure it went to good use and not used for illicit means or having a bot get a hold of it. Thanks :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Borrowed your idea and added that change of yours for the code just in case no one has taken it yet. Better late than never.

7 Likes

Also, @Koroth, often we find that it’s easier to post a thread that says something like, “I have a left-over key for this game _________, if anyone wants it, let me know!”

Of course this often turns into multiple people asking, so then it’s just a RNG drawing. A lot of us use Discobot to do randomized drawings.

I usually never leave keys out, just ask on the forums if anyone is interested. If only one person replies, it goes to that person. If multiple people reply, it’s a RNG selection.

I then will send a private message over for the key.

Nonetheless, you are very kind and I hope that we hear back from whomever used the key. (I didn’t check, because I haven’t activated my own key yet, though I bought it from the Humble bundle myself.)

10 Likes

@discobot stop snatching keys!

8 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

1 Like

y y, u just keep playing dumb and enjoy all yr free games ok?

8 Likes

The key was claimed by someone. i just tried to redeemit but i got: Activated on another account

4 Likes

Might not even have been a bot, there are **** out there :expressionless:

4 Likes

furiously checks all Chrono members Steam libraries

8 Likes

That’s a good idea. This was the first time trying this so it’s all new to me. Thanks for the advice.

4 Likes

I should probably close this topic huh?

4 Likes

copy-paste this in a new post and the whole thread will magically disappear:

@PeteMcc “starburst”

3 Likes