(ENDED) Get Tacoma for FREE in the Humble store for 72 hours or while supplies last! (Direct Download/Not Steam Key)

20 Likes

thats so fast
ty

8 Likes

What does it mean “While the supplies last”?! It provides a torrent file as well… humble will stop seeding it or what? :smiley:

8 Likes

just the 72 hour limit, lol…

It’s the kind of thing that once it’s out there, it’s out there for good…

9 Likes

Good game. Recommended to anyone looking for narrative-driven games.

I need to finish it, as life happened and I didn’t get around to it – not the game’s fault though, it’s good.

8 Likes

Thanks for the info.

7 Likes

@GarbageFox gifted Tacoma to me almost exactly a year ago. One of the best games I have ever played. I can see how some people might complain about the length of the game, or a lack of replayability, or that it’s not even a “game”, but I found it very compelling. It has things in common with Gone Home but the subject, setting, and characters made it much more interesting to me.

If you liked Neuromancer and 2001 I think you’ll get more out of this game than if you didn’t.

7 Likes

You peaked my interest suddenly…

4 Likes

As it should! But to be fair, it would be rather difficult to tell a story about emerging general AI that doesn’t touch on those two in some way. The game also got some big points in my book for very clever use of sign language.

It took me somewhere around 4 hours to 100% the game at a very I-am-going-to-explore-every-square-inch-of-this-station pace, so there’s no reason not to give it a go.

And if you’ll please excuse a moment of intolerable pedantry… *piqued (it’s the same root word as piquant).

5 Likes

Ah, thank you! Much appreciated. Somehow it seemed incorrect and I went ahead and assumed it was all right. You know what they say about assume… It was just another thing to learn for me in English. Even though it’s my second language and I consider myself fluent, I could always improve.

4 Likes

You piqued my like button.

And renewed my interest in finishing Tacoma! Thank you. :blush:

5 Likes

Hey, no worries! As I said, I’m just an intolerable pedant. Though I do also recognize that it’s easy to make typos, that’s one I see people mix up a lot. Also rouge vs rogue, loose vs lose, scarry vs scary, flush out vs flesh out, and a host of real spellings vs things that are not words. To be honest, your English is better than most native speakers.

Always good for a laugh:

1 Like

I have some questions.

1. So the game looks amazing, but what is it about? What you do in the game?
  2. I dont really have many experience with these torrent downloads, but for example, I cant download Outcast: Second contact (similar download), that I claimed on Humble bundle some months ago. Will the torrent for Tacome be unavaible later?
  3. Do I have to download it, even if I will not play it in next few months? Or the torrent will remain?
2 Likes

yup, this is very likely, as the entry doesn’t seem to get “attached” to your permanent download library (at least i couldn’t find the previous in mine) and probably just in the "purchase"page -which seems to be removed just like if it were a page with steam key

2 Likes

It’s probably going to be like Outcast SC. It’s totally understandable, to be honest: it’s an actual solution to the Humble Freebie issue of giving people a game they’re not really interested in. This way, it doesn’t invalidate any attempt to make money off the game ever again like it would for Humble freebies done via Steam in the past.

2 Likes

It looks like it is in my humble library as any other purchase. Both in the purchases tab as well as the alphabetical library. I’ll be interested to see if it vanishes later on. It also does not have a redemption deadline notice on it.

3 Likes

yea but that’s because it’s still going, no?
when i’m looking for outcast, (the last one), it’s not in library, -still have the purchase entry, but ofc when i click it i just get the “expired” page with no download link at the bottom
i’d expect they’d follow the same here

2 Likes

Fine. Thank you all then. Going to download it anyway. Would be a loss to waste this game.
But as Im looking at that, its not completely free, it has its cost and it is taking some space on my limited HDD.

2 Likes

Just an update as was looking through my humble library today, Tacoma looks properly added to my account and is still downloadable.

5 Likes

idono, check the date it was added :thinking:, looks like you got around the same time i did (and i did not pick it up during this freebie) -so that’s probably a “leftover” from a “legit” copy previously,

4 Likes