Get Moons of Madness by playing Cyrano Story

Source:
https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/kobcM/free-ish-moons-of-madness

By finishing this game:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1250870/Cyrano_Story/

You will get a key at the end. For this game:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1012840/Moons_of_Madness/

To solve the puzzles, you just need to type in keywords required.

Keywords can be found within this guide:

19 Likes

I completed it and it does indeed work, weird game the Cyrano story one, trippy.

8 Likes

What an amusing idea, not sure I even really want either game but I’m going to have to give it a shot anyway.

7 Likes

Moons of Madness is on my wishlist. So yea, gonna get some sleep and try this out early tomorrow.

7 Likes

Drop rate right now is 5% to be sure we don’t run out of key too fast and yes, there still key available! There is no time limit to solve the puzzle. Since 9:30 PM EST the Google AI issues were fixed, so it should be much more smooth now. I’ll go to sleep for now but will be back tomorrow morning and all weekend. Feel free to join us on discord: Alternate Reality Games (ARG)

@Danacscott

5 Likes

I was about to actually play it because Moons of Madness really do look interesting but if there is actually only 5% drop rate i think i’ll pass. Play bad game just to get a slight chance of getting a good one… nay.

6 Likes

I don’t know if they’ve increased the odds, but I’ve just got the key on my first attempt.
The whole process (excluding the download time) took me less than 3 minutes.
Thank you @pegasusz !

5 Likes

How did you get the key? I finished the game twice and I don’t think I got anything…

5 Likes

You mean how was it delivered? Ingame - you get the confirmation message at the end of the game (see below). Afterwards it’s also accessible when you click continue story in the main menu.

6 Likes

I see, thank you! (still haven’t gotten this after my 4th try)

6 Likes

Got mine after 5 tries…

I tried to do the ARG as best as I could, finally buckled down and used the guide b/c I couldn’t figure out the 4th puzzle.

The puzzles are interesting, so I would encourage you to actually look into it a bit, knowing the answer through the Steam 100% completion guide doesn’t really tell you how you get to the answer, so there’s still stuff in there. I was just so confused by the 4th puzzle and decided try to grab the key.

If you use the guide, the game takes 2 minutes to run through if you skip the intro and the audio logs. You can click on the X on top of the screen to close out of the one puzzle and move to the next as soon as you enter the correct answer, don’t have to wait for anything to happen.

The key drop rate is 5%, so you might be lucky and get one after a few tries, but you might also not, so just be aware of that.

8 Likes

I got mine after the second try, and I must say I enjoyed the audio logs. I did use the guide since I am absolutely horrible at puzzle games but I still found it enjoyable.

7 Likes

Thanks, @pegasusz :heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation:

4 Likes

I almost got through the first puzzle on my own, 2nd puzzle I didn’t even know where to start. The first two clues given I could find out what they were but the 3rd clue was just a meaningless sketch to me and I couldn’t tie the first two together to point me in any sort of direction.

Edit: I did manage to solve the 3rd one though.

7 Likes

Seems like they’re switching stuff up.
Just got a The Black Watchmen drop out of it
https://store.steampowered.com/app/349220/The_Black_Watchmen/

6 Likes

I got the black watchmen as well, that was a bit of a disappointment. Moons of Madness looked interesting enough to try out even if it wasn’t quite up my alley, this one though I don’t know and it requires 3rd party account creation.

7 Likes

Oh nuts… T_T

Edit: And now it’s over. sniff Guess I should have tried last nigh. Myrr.

Won some shiny things in @Evranu’s giveaway. Still bouncy ^^

9 Likes

Wait, no more drops of any game? That was some major bullshit. I played that 9 times, restarting, not restarting, etc., trying every way, but not one key.

7 Likes

When I opened the game, there was a screen saying that the event was over ‘for the weekend’ - whatever that means really.

7 Likes

Aw noo its over. Well the first time i tried to play all i got was a black screen lol

6 Likes