Geneshift: Battle Royale Turbo, May 2020

Currently free again. Not sure for how long.

8 Likes

Some new fellow mentioned it earlier, but the thread seems to have been removed for some reason. I saw no reason for why his posts were getting flagged.

And it’s “Free to keep when you get it before 13 May @ 7:00pm.”

8 Likes

I dont know why his posts got flagged either, nor why the thread got removed, but there’s no way the mods here removed it without a valid reason.

I did wonder if perhaps there was something wrong with his link (as in you can write whatever you want in the link while having it link to something completely different [and potentially harmful or wrong]). That’s the only thing i can imagine.

where does it say that? im unable to find that info on the store page

7 Likes

It should say it where you claim it.
gene

8 Likes

well, it doesnt show that for me, cuz i already had it, i guess

which is why to me this game appears like a free to play game that just has a “pay if you want to support the dev” dlc version of it

which is pretty weird honestly; i mean, does this mean that if you buy the game outside of the free-claim period, then this dlc will not exist for you?

or will it say you own this non-existing dlc and count is as a piece of dlc?

7 Likes

We didn’t remove anything. It was “The System” because of the links he used.

“This new user tried to create multiple posts with links to the same domain (steamdb.info).”

Something to do with the fact he was new and the links…

Also I am getting the same as @M00. I already “had” the free game…

7 Likes

The link provided by the New User linked to the steamdb depot page for the game.

I don’t think this is true free to play, but if you want to find out. Install up and see if you can play the campaign. The DLC is progression boost and coin boost. Have a read on it.

7 Likes

I’m kind of confused as to what’s free. Isn’t the multiplayer-only version of the game free anyway? What’s functionally different between “Geneshift: Free Edition” and “Geneshift: Battle Royale Turbo” - as neither one is “Geneshift - Complete Edition”…

4 Likes

Once you get the free to play game. Click on the button that says “Package Info” It should show you own the game…

5 Likes

The system automatically hid the topic and the users messages as it thought it was spam, I declined the flags but didn’t realise it also automitcally hid the topic, I unhid it now, but now there is a double up, so yay! I don’t know what to do anymore.

8 Likes

Herm. When I posted this, I searched first - no other topic, so I guess the first poster did have his hidden or whatever. Muff.

Now, when I loaded the page, I got that “Add to Account for 0.00” button. Don’t remember noticing the date limit then.

This seems to have been a giveaway before back in 2018, so maybe that’s why some of you already had it? In any case, the DLC is still for monies for $14.99 USD in my Steam view.

Edit: Don’t know what to do about the double post either. T_T

5 Likes

You know what? Don’t worry about it. The world will not end if we have one double post. If we merge it, it will even be more confusing. I don’t need to be more confuddled than I am already.

5 Likes

With you on that one, hee hee. Fun word.

5 Likes

Yeah thats why I didn’t join them as well, it would just be wierd

6 Likes