Generation Zero Beta Sign Ups.

I’ve got the beta. Not sure if I can play it now though, 30gb is a bit much for my potato network.
How long does it last?

3 Likes

I’ve put 7h into it which involved a fair amount of running about doing nothing, but there’s also about a third of the map I have not even explored yet. I could probably put another 4-5h into it and still have a few things left to see even if they would probably not be super interesting. I feel like I’ve done pretty much what the beta has to offer though.

4 Likes

A streamer i watched play this a bit was complaining that u actually can’t complete a single real mission in the beta, that in order to finish it u were supposed to go somewhere that was off-limits; that’s a bit weird i think [i don’t know this streamer as i’ve never watched him b4 so i dont know how accurate his speech is either]

1 Like

That sounds strange, I’ve finished a whole lot of missions. Not sure what he considers a “real mission” though. The main story line mission leads to a large bunker/command center which “ends” the beta. I mean it doesn’t complete anything since it’s clearly only the very first part of the overarching story. But finding out about said bunker and reaching it is the main mission thus far and is a culmination of about 3 other missions that uncovers it’s location.

2 Likes

I think they were supposed to go meet a dude or something but they couldn’t cuz when they were trying to go there it kept saying it was “off limits” or something (i actually saw that)

judging by this vid by Jackfrags this game is also very much riddled with bugs (i do realize it’s just a beta, but still)

2 Likes

Oh I guess I was unclear, what I meant was how long is the current beta testing open.
I appreciate the info though.

2 Likes

Oh I see, I don’t know. Reading the email they sent out they’re calling it an open beta week so it’s a decent guess that it’ll be running for a week I think.

1 Like

Oh crap D: I guess I better get to playing before the week runs out. I played for a couple of hours, and haven’t really had time for more since ;_;

It’s not my kind of game, but I really enjoyed exploring the setting. I’m not from Sweden, but I am from a place not too far away, and your earlier post about the environment and nostalgia resonated with me.
(And as a learner of the Swedish language, I really enjoyed all the in-world text being Swedish :'D And mostly simple, at that.)

2 Likes

I hope they run another beta, would really love to get into the world and see what it is like. It looks pretty good, a DayZ but (hopefully) better.

1 Like

I’ve only just noticed the email, wasn’t expecting it for a while xD hope there’s another opportunity… the game trailers looked epic.

1 Like

If you got a key they you should still have a chance, it started last Thursday so if it’s running for a week then you’ll have a few more days to try.
Never mind, the beta is over for now.

4 Likes

yeah the date on the email said today :confused:

but still if they do another I’ll be there.

2 Likes

I watched a video from a Youtuber called JackFrags. Adter watching that I’m not as interested anymore. I’m sure the full game will have more stuff but there were only 2 enemies which sucked and a lot of glitches. Especially in the bunkers.

Of course it has bugs and glitches, this was an actual closed beta. I suspect too many people have a skewed idea of what a beta is ever since it became standard practice by large publishers to host large open “betas” and press-beta events the month before launch using that as a PR event to showcase the game.

That is not what this was, this game is clearly not finished and it seems a lot of people for some reason thought it should have been. So far they have not even mentioned a release date as far as I can tell, only saying 2019 and I’m guessing Q3.

4 Likes

yr point is perfectly valid and correct; however, from a marketing standpoint, the developers should realize that the world has changed, a lot; there is way too much competition is today’s gaming world, and things move very fast, and first impressions are way more important than they ever were. It is a fact that 10 years ago this wouldn’t have been a problem, but the the thing is that this ‘first impression’ which lots of people have obtained from social media and gameplay videos might very well have killed this game commercially now, before it even gets a chance to prove itself; we’ll see, but I rly feel like in today’s market, u get one shot and if u miss yr simply done.

1 Like