Gather Around....The New Future of Gaming.

I think it doesn’t matter whether they thought it was a good idea or not, i think it’s cool they try to innovate in all kinds of fields and do things like their wireless internet coverage projects in deserts in Africa and so many other wacky/non-wacky ideas and whatnot

also, i’d assume that their main focus will be Western Europe and the US for the first 10-15 years with this shit regardless, and the US should be getting 5G in all major cities throughout this year and next year or so, with the network being expanded rapidly afterwards, so it could very well be that this shit will work a lot better than we might anticipate for a huge market very soon

so y, i can understand they get hate for a lot of the bad stuff, but they should be applauded for the good as well i feel

3 Likes

I heard some mention of possibility of exclusives for Google. Considering a certain game store… It’s a real possibility.

Sony has had their PSNow for a while. I tested it out because I had a free week for it. Had connection issues… on a minimum of 100Mbps internet. Though IIRC, the time I tried it was when I had an access point acting up at College, so there is a chance that was the issue.

One interesting thing I would be curious about is if they plan on having games that feature Denuvo on them. If so, how would that work? If games that have previously featured Denuvo don’t on the new services, I may be interested in playing them (Provided they aren’t giant “games as a service” time sinks).

1 Like

Wait. I guess I’m behind on the news. They’re installing 5G in major cities? I thought I read that it was unsafe for people to be in close proximity to those towers.

Edit.

OK. This is what I could find. It’s very recent but I’ve read about it last year. I thought I also read that the strength of the frequency is a little less than a similar weapon used by the U.S. military.

4 Likes

they simply wouldn’t?:thinking: Denuvo/drm is a “PC thing” :man_shrugging:
-this would effectively eliminate the need for drm, as everything would be handled server side(at google) and you’d have no files or data client side.

Another point some seem to be making with this is it would “finally” remove cheating in mp ?:face_with_raised_eyebrow:, again since everything was server side and you had nothing but a little controller input access client side.
(considering people have found ways to cheat in both playstation and xbox online mp server side, i’m guessing there are savvy people out there that’d figure away around this too on Stadia) :thinking:

3 Likes

topic “relevant”
https://206.81.1.216/t/funny-bonez-stuff/9375/36?u=gnuffi

:rofl:

1 Like

and this long thing I wrote

https://206.81.1.216/t/google-live-stream/16027/3?u=coralinecastell

But you guys seem to have covered those points really well already.

Have you considered trying to become a stand-up comedian?

4 Likes

Throw in some Seinfeld bass and their golden.

3 Likes