GameGuru is Free On Steam Until March 18, 2019

For people who may want to fiddle around with trying your hands at game creation. :slight_smile:

25 Likes

Looks uh interesting XD has anyone tried it and thinks any good?

5 Likes

Thanks for telling us about this! Gonna tag @yitzilitt in case they are interested as well! :smile:

5 Likes

If you are seriously interested in game making, you’re better off learning Unity Engine or Unreal Engine.

If you just have a passing interest and want to make a generic FPS, then maybe this is for you.

9 Likes

yeah, looks like gives you the same quality games as RPGMaker (usually meh) unless someone REALLY tries. Same kinda monetary model as well. Basic basic program for X dollars, then all the interesting objects, etc. as DLC for more dollars.

8 Likes

I honestly believe that RPG maker has a lot more potential for a good game than this does. Anyone can try to get some good pixel art going or buy some reasonably affordable, but high quality 3D models, textures and animations take a shit ton of extra money and if you already have that $ you are probably better off spending on unity, unreal or maybe even Cryengine

6 Likes

Thanks for the info.

4 Likes

thanks for tagging me :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thank you kindly for the alert!

4 Likes

Do any of you have experience with the Godot engine? It has good reviews and a developer-friendly licensing policy so i’m thinking of learning to use that instead of Unity. While i can find tutorials on my own, if someone has recommendations from their own experience, i would like to hear them.

5 Likes

I tried Godot engine for a while and i think it is really good
but not as good as unity because unity has bigger community, so if u get stuck or need help there are alot of people who can help u
But i think godot is good, u should try and decide for yourself
(srry for my broken english)

3 Likes

Did you find any specific tutorial or source of information that helped you get started? I will try it myself but if you can recommend a good starting point, that would help me to not waste my time. I’m also aware that Unity has a much much larger community but it’s really hard to pass up on Godot’s licensing policy.

**Edit: Found a halfway-decent tutorial so i’m learning Godot right now. I’ve only seen some basic functionality so far but it seems a bit more intuitive than Unity3D. I’m not a fan of the Python style syntax but that’s not a deal breaker.

2 Likes