Free tool to stop Windows 10 from spying too much

Just download it already cause it makes things so easy :slight_smile:
Pretty essential tool to make W10 usable without having to worry much imho

Do run it after every big update tho to make sure that microsoft didn’t change stuff again.

8 Likes

I used to watch Barnacules and he recommends using one of these Spybot anti beacon or oo Softwares Shutup10 which i have used both before and i prefer using Shutup10 it has a better UI and settings and more understandable which i like. I definitely recommend using at least one of them to atleast try to keep Microsoft out of your stuff.

6 Likes

Fixing proprietary software by applying even more proprietary software upon it… What could go wrong?

Just kidding. At least I’m like 20% kidding. Ok I’m not kidding. Judging by the comments though it seems to be pretty widely used.

6 Likes

It’s obviously not the ideal scenario, but it’s likely the best we can make outta it, unless you wanna switch to another OS.
Also it’s by a German company and afaik Germany has pretty strict laws when it comes to respecting your personal data on the web.

6 Likes

This is the sort of thing I’ve been waiting for before I would even consider trying Win10. Glad to see it’s getting done. Now maybe when I buy a new computer I wont have it be artificially bottlenecked by MS refusing to allow Win7 to fully support new hardware.

4 Likes

I never know where to find stuff like this so thanks :smiley:

fudging windows 10

UMMM DO I MAKE EVERYTHING GREEN OR RED TO KILL IT ALL IM SO CONFUSED.

5 Likes

Best tool to stop W10 from spying on you: Windows 7 XD

8 Likes

^Fixed it
:joy:

8 Likes

The difference here is that in win7 and 8 you can pick and chose which updates you want to install, also when you want them installed. So you can wait a week, or two and see if the new batch had any glaring flaws or spyware in them and either abstain or install only the parts that work.

8 Likes

The forced updates and that they want the permission to experiment with your system are probably the 2 worst things about W10

6 Likes

very true, i’m well aware
(no user control is the main reason i’m staying away from win10, -even if MS is infesting even “critical” updates with junk on win7 these days, at least you can skip or remove them)
just thought it was fitting for a “Vista” joke right there :wink:
:smile:

5 Likes

how does they spy on you?

3 Likes

I have never really understood the fuss over having microsoft “spying”, I really could care less, I have nothing to hide from them, I’m really just as interesting to them as they are to me. Maybe I’m oblivious or ignorant but meh.

4 Likes

careless

I think you mean: couldn’t care less.

9 Likes

hmm I see, well I can still care less, but I probably don’t

4 Likes

It’s a careless mistake.

11 Likes

is it though? like mystic says, if u have nothing to hide, who cares; besides, practically everything spies and collects data on you anyway, search engines, all kinds of apps, social media, online stores…

2 Likes

Even if you are like “idgaf”, you can still save a certain 1% of processing power that otherwise would be used to collect and send data to MS. + a certain <0.1% of bandwidth

Also this tool really is SO FCKING SIMPLE, it literally takes like 10s of your time to feel a bit more private lol

3 Likes

Even when playing whatever i only use half the processing power max

The thing is, I’m way more scared of that tool causing a huge problem one day if, for example, windows want to fight it and do something stupid or there’s a huge incompatibility issue or anything like that, so why risk it, there’s no real reward in it to begin with

and I rly rly have NOTHING to hide whatsoever, rofl

all my browsing is literally either work-related searches, news-related, or gaming-related, or some medical stuff when someone gets sick, that’s all

2 Likes
  1. W10 doesn’t just collect things when you are browsing
  2. the tool has 2 options just for that fear, one being “only disable what’s save to disable”

There’s practically no risk and you gain control over your system, if you really don’t care at all, you are just in the wrong thread harith :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes