Free Steam Games With NO Catches

Well… no body heard about CS: Nexon? It a free CS, wi5h mods as well. How do they make money? In game shop items are almost all priced in $ :frowning:
New gamers won t enjoy it much ( only if you play original and team deathmatch ) but to avoid that, you can play/create a room with a mod called fight yard

I recommend you to check it out, but give it a chance like… a week of gameplay, premium item can be perma obtained for free , you just have to be lucky/level up
I never paid a cent in this game, yet now my account is worth more than 200$

6 Likes

Cs here used to release update every week, now updates are monthly… and dlcs, as you said , are only cosmetics here

6 Likes

Just gonna throw in my bunch of free game recommendations that hasn’t already been mentioned.

Bombtag.
A really good Bomberman clone that’s also the cheapest and easiest way of playing said game with friends.
Up to 8 players. :+1:

Spellsworn
Wizards in lava pits hurling spells at each other. With alot of customizeable spells to use.
Completely free? No DLC? No microtransactions? This game is to good to be on Steam. Definitely check it out.

Epic Battle Fantasy 3
Everybody already knows about this series, if they have been to any flash game site.
But this dude. Matt Roszak. Single-handedly made all these games.
A rpg with a pretty sizeable map, lots of skills, many fun and cutesy monster designs and an art style there screams of a 10 year old who watches a lot of cartoons and anime.
I’ve played his games and will continue to support him for the time to come.

8 Likes

Agreed & there is bot TDM but that’s all about it for PVE but it would be nice to see it in demolition mode too if they can make the AI smarter. & Also agree with more character & weapon selection.

5 Likes

OK. I. AM. JUST. OVER. IT.:weary:

This is what I get if I post the link with “/341720/Among_Ripples/”.

This is what i get if I post with “341720/”

WTH am I doing wrong? And sometimes it DOES WORK! Which confuses me even more…:crazy_face:

So I usually end up doing this…

AMONG RIPPLES

7 Likes

no worries delenn, don’t think it’s something you did or didn’t do :+1:
it just seems once in a while a steam link is borked, like when a paid games go temporarily free, sometimes the free link displays perfectly fine, other times it breaks
speculated it was due to store page not having “separate” paid link/version of the then/there/now free games, but other instances of similar free games links working partially disproved that
leaving the only conclusion left: steam is steam and steam is just borked from time to time :blush: :smile:

4 Likes

PS, maybe i should actually leave a game here to contribute to the thread :thinking: :blush:

*Hollowed requires a controller to play

5 Likes

NO!..It’s borked most the time for me and it’s really annoying at times.:rage::angry::face_with_symbols_over_mouth: I was just hoping it was ME so I could correct it.

4 Likes

Isn’t very long at all, but for a good laugh I recommend

By CrowsCrowsCrows (same guys who made accounting vr, amongst others.)

9 Likes

A co-op only (no SP) adventure that requires you to work your way through puzzles with your partner

A simple and short game about existence

A short VN that tells the truth about VNs at it’s end

A fun ARPG

Sadly Moirai was discontinued and +1 for PRICE and EBF 3

6 Likes

Eternal Senia was already in the OP list ^^

Did anybody link this yet?

I haven’t got to try it yet, but it seems very promising if short :slight_smile:

The DLC only adds an artbook and let’s you show your support!
There’s also a VR version of it for 5 bucks if you wanna try that

Also big fat +1 for Dirty Bomb, I wasted a bunch (500) of hours in that, really unique FPS that doesn’t require you to pay at all.

5 Likes

Dr. Langeskov, The Tiger, and The Terribly Cursed Emerald: A Whirlwind Heist is one of the most enjoyable free games I’ve ever played.

6 Likes

in here there is more than 100 free games in steam

you should check them up :slight_smile:

6 Likes

This is such a bad game… well, it’s still better than ET, I think I played once… the first enemy you kill, you get the only achievement… lol…

6 Likes

when i first stumbled upon that list, i got sorta the impression it was (besides being free games) mainly for achievement “hunting”, ie.“quality may vary” on those games :face_with_raised_eyebrow:,
as the list weren’t so much “curated”, as it was just made to add/make aware of “free” achievements ? :man_shrugging:
(tho i don’t doubt there might actually be some games that could be worthwhile on the list, i just didn’t want to bother to go through them all at the time) :thinking:

5 Likes

I think it’s mostly games that you can get all of the achievements very quickly, if you have a need to boost your game completion rate on Steam… I keep telling myself that I am done with the Meta aspects of Steam, but I still find myself buying cards for badges all of the time…

EDIT:
The only reason I stopped crafting badges right away was I found out that you get bonus cards during summer and winter sales, so I am holding until then…

6 Likes

the quality of the games may vary from good to bad because the games are mainly for achivements some games, some of them takes 1 minut or hours (there is good games there)

4 Likes

Thread Necro’d

The developer is comparing this game to Katamari Damaci, which is bold enough of claim for me to give it a shot. Thought I would let everyone know about it, since it actually looks decent. If anyone tries it, let me know what you think!

7 Likes

ReNecro’d

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1289310/Helltaker/

Got some really nice reviews, probably to keep an eye on and play at some point.

It’s also free to just download DRM-free on Itch

4 Likes

Not to mention it has a superb soundtrack.

2 Likes