Free Steam Games Thread

This game will become paid soon.

6 Likes

@carvalho20ptc Is this a mobile game originally?

5 Likes

Which one of them ?

4 Likes

Warbots. Either that or I’d seen an ad for something with a really similar name. Herm

5 Likes

And you guessed it, another F2P game will become paid soon.

Announcement.

We’ve all heard the news about the runtime fee, right? Unity has killed the free to play model with the whole installation fee thing, so im gonna have to put a price of a WHOLE DOLLAR on this game.

so make sure to GET IT FOR FREE WHILE YOU STILL CAN!!! GET IT BEFORE OCTOBER FIRST BABY!!!

Brace yourself for the best presentation ever made on Steam. Eat your heart out, AAA devs!

7 Likes

Quite frankly doing something like this is probably shooting yourself in the foot. Since the two metrics that decides whether you need to pay or not is income and sales volume. If you tell everyone to grab your game while it’s free you’re going to pump up those “sales” numbers and get a lot higher install counts than you’d normally get. Since you’re also not making any money you’re just pushing yourself into the “Now you’ve gotta pay stupid fees” territory faster for no gain.

6 Likes

I think most of these developers have a different goal regarding these. Once you own one of their games, you are very likely to get updates regarding their future games later on, even push notifications, meaning on Steam in the What’s New category of the Steam Library, so they’re merely giving up on a game that has failed already in order to increase the chances that their future games might at least have the potential to perform better by catching more eyeballs.

7 Likes

Yep, I FOLLOW every game I own. Even the free ones so I get news about them in my Steam feed and I try to read it each day.

Edited: Thanks @carvalho20ptc for the freebies. :heavy_heart_exclamation: :heavy_heart_exclamation: :heavy_heart_exclamation:

5 Likes

These games are going to become paid soon!

7 Likes

5 Likes

5 Likes

Cheers @carvalho20ptc , @cacronia :+1:

5 Likes

If you already owned the game “Demon Turf", you can now get the game “Demon Turf: Neon Splash” for free, and it counts as a game owned as well in Steam.

9 Likes

Thanks hubby :kiss:

5 Likes

Thanks @carvalho20ptc, @cacronia, and @markwr :heavy_heart_exclamation: :heavy_heart_exclamation: :heavy_heart_exclamation:

5 Likes

Rogue Glitch Ultra

Game’s going to become paid soon!

This game is leaving the Free-to-Play model in November, 11th. The developer has removed the download button from the Steam storefront, but the game can still be added through SteamDB.

One other change we will make for the Steam version: we will switch from free-to-play to a classic premium game that includes all the new content and online multiplayer. For existing Rogue Glitch players and fans who have already got the online multiplayer DLC, the update will be completely free, and players of the free version will be able to purchase Rogue Glitch Ultra or keep playing the current free version that is already in their library. The main reason behind the change is that premium games are easier to manage for a small team (from a dev and business side) and I felt the whole package offers a very fair amount of content to make it a full premium indie game.

8 Likes

The game is free, but it will become paid in soon.

7 Likes

Thanks @Kim ^^

5 Likes

I just heard from a friend in Discord about a website called Pantaloon.io
It’s a pretty recent site where you subscribe to their newsletter and they send you some neat game recommendations once every month.

You also get one game per month delivered to your inbox as long as you’re subscribed (I get the impression you may get the monthly free game via itch.io). This month’s game is Headspun:

Web of Trust gives the website a safe rating, so I subscribed. I got a “Confirm Your Subscription” email, but my email server must have thought it might be spam, thus I had to find it in my spam folder, so be sure to check there.

8 Likes

Free Steam Game:

Free to keep when you get it before 21 Oct @ 2:00pm.

10 Likes