Free for a limited time I am not a monster [Ended]

dude, i specifically addressed this sentence and told u that when u play the games i mentioned (and some of those u mentioned indeed), then it will not be “rare and not by any means a particularly noteworthy encounter” but rather an almost daily and at times quite frustrating (depending on how one is able to deal with that, but take into consideration that a person usually plays to de-stress after a stressful day, as someone mentioned earlier) encounter

afaik u don’t actually play these games on a daily basis (not anymore at least) and hence u don’t have to deal with this crap, but some of us do actually deal with it on a daily basis and are thus also entitled to disagree with u and claim that if u do play these games on a daily basis (especially “competitively”), then it is not “rare” at all but “most common”, and as i’ve made clear, i see ppl insult other ppl and their mother on a daily basis without exception in RL atm, and i never said it was specifically directed at me btw, but it’s there and it happens at least once every 5-6 games, so it happens at least once every 30 min or more…

it’s ez to just claim these issues aren’t present or annoying when u don’t actually have to deal with them yrself

as for knowing how to handle it or being able to deal with it; i’m still playing, so that says enough, but that doesn’t mean i can’t confirm what some ppl are observing and stress that what they say is indeed present and widespread at that

how exactly did u come to that conclusion?

no one here ever claimed “everyone” is an asshole, just that there are a lot of assholes about, rofl

sry, but again, i like getting a good rank, but i never obsessed about it either and am carefree in that regard too; i merely stated that it’s important for certain ppl and i don’t see why they wouldn’t be entitled to that; certainly doesn’t bother me

the subject at hand is ppl’s behavior, not their skill, there’s assholes in all skill levels (though y, a lot more in lower levels) and mm doesn’t have anything to do with that; proof is that i was above average in cs go but would meet tons of them, and i’m apparently top 10% in RL but still meet a lot, lol

i 100% agree except with yr assumption that i or anyone here is not able to deal with such ppl; again, how did u reach this conclusion? Confirming that there’s a lot of assholes in competitive games is a neutral confirmation of a fact; it has nothing to do with whether one is able to deal with them adequately or not; it’s not cuz one can deal with them or ignore them (that’s what i usually do, or sometimes i say something like “we found the 12-year-old, guys” or simply “grow up” or “behave” or “mind your manners” [especially when they suddenly insult someone’s mother or whatever just because someone made a gameplay mistake or so])

2 Likes

ur mom is

Why even care if someone insults your mom? That’s one of the most ridiculous wide spread thing that I really can’t figure out. Who actually takes offense at that?

2 Likes

0_0

3 Likes

4 Likes

This is the only thing i addressed; i disagree with this statement

whether i care whether someone insults my mom (of course i care, i love and respect my mom, but i’m not going to get into an argument with that person because that would be useless…) has nothing to do with the subject

the subject is whether running into “unpleasant” ppl is a rare occurrence in online gaming; i merely claim that "yes, in ‘competitive’ online gaming it is a daily occurrence, and i think everyone can agree that those who go about insulting other ppl’s moms (lol) qualify as “unpleasant” ppl, to put it lightly, i don’t call such ppl unpleasant, i call them assholes, rofl, but like i said, i don’t waste time with such ppl, and the only thing i’m doing here is confirm that they exist and are a daily “pest” for a lot of ppl who play online games, that’s all

2 Likes

hahaha; enjoy dude, it’s just Fraggles and me going at it like old times, rofl

3 Likes

Yeah, it’s both educational and enjoyable lol

3 Likes

Ok i’m not picking sides, i’m merely an observer but i’ll have to say toxicity is a daily thing in gaming.

I mainly experience it in CSGO

for example; one person could have made a mistake that cost them the round and one or numerous people on the team start a flame war, that’s how it normally starts

I’m not gonna reply to this because as I said, i’m not picking sides, i’m just stating my humble opinions

Have a good day everyone

2 Likes

The important differentiation I’m trying to make is between there simply being assholes abound and there being toxicity. You can have a whole group of assholes and have a great time together, that doesn’t need to become toxic. Most of my Eve online career was about carefully managing assholes into usefulness, a notable portion of them Russian to boot.

The point about how to deal with people is important because that’s how you turn an encounter with an asshole away from becoming a toxic situation. You can prevent toxicity in your multiplayer games.

Well you can’t disagree with that, because that is just me relaying my own personal experience. You clearly have a different experience, but that doesn’t invalidate mine.

2 Likes

hahaha, fine, i guess

ok, yr right about that, but then u also can’t disagree with anything i said cuz those are my own personal beliefs based on my own personal experience and those of a lot of ppl, rofl

2 Likes

Fraggles, we now, better or worse, how to deal, calm and whatever form of damage control you can think of with unpleasant people, but we just don’t feel like babysitting, or teaching, or giving a lesson in “how you should behave like a barely decent human being” one out of every three matches. Having that determination, and not getting tired while doing it, it’s a very strange case, even if you have been doing it for years.

Some people just don’t feel the have any right to teach an equal how to behave, or, in a more friendly perspective, are willing to treat someone as, basically, a simpleton that can be taught and pushed to behave using certain words.

I understand that being well mannered and having restrain doesn’t mean you don’t see someone as an equal, or bad in any way, but I personally don’t feel honest while I approach someone as a wild animal, knowing that it’s extremely likely that person will react poorly. I feel like I’m somehow being dishonest in the name of manners, and instead, when a guy insulted other for second time in less than 15 seconds with no previous talk because that person died, I just say: No, you’re wrong, you had to do X and he just did what he could in the scenario where we didn’t had your assist" or whatever. I know the answer to that is gonna be “shut up retard” and what not, and I can say instead “It’s ok team, be positive, we can win this”, but I’m not gonna do it because it’s stadistically the best option for us to have a decent game. And because that person it’s basically putting the weight on me, or you, to leverage their shitty attitude, and that’s fundamentaly unfair, therefore, people don’t like to do it.

That’s why I often play only with friends. And regarding rank and how someone can be good or bad, when you’re top 2000 in the world of millions and keeps happening, then the matchmaking sucks or someone is just not being a team player in a team game.

I played dozens of sports, some for decades, and let me tell you the ratio of bullshit is just a joke compared (due to internet inmunity I assume). Your answer is “just learn how to manage it so doesn’t screw your experience” but you fail to understand doing that also ruins that experience, because it’s “not a proper moment for that” the same way having spicy food at a surprise is unpleasant, even if you love spicy food.

The other day, a guy with a tuned MTG deck (800 euros) was matched against me. Mine was a personal build, 21 euros. Mine, was obviously inferior, I managed to give him a very hard time, and end up with a tie (1-1 and one unfinished game due to time) because he played poorly due to not understanding his deck. I made two friends that day, and that fella still managed to scream, slam the table and say bullshit several times. Several people told him to calm, and I was asked later how the hell I didn’t smacked him in the face but even managed to be friendly at all times: for the sole and simple reason I wanted to, but I wasn’t in the mood to explain a man-child why he should behave like a man-child, slapping his semi-naked anime playmat (yes, I know, sounds like a joke).

I had a good time there, but the store owner didn’t showed any intention or adressing this, despite being told by other people there, a.k.a. failed reporting system in a videogame.

No matter how much good will or good faith you put in, you’re not leveraging bullshit, it’s not in your power, and any idiot could prove it to you just by making your gears grind.

It’s not that people are afraid to do what they enjoy because fear of anything, it’s just transforms into something you don’t enjoy to begin with, in it’s very core, as an experience. Just that. I’m just signing in for a little bit of voluntary work with animals, and I know for a fact there are people there in half-charge that don’t act properly with others, don’t do their part and so on, but the final thing I’m getting, wich is helping a little bit with animals, it’s worth that hassle: here, with videogames, is not, and that’s what we’re trying to explain to you.

Edit: to make it maybe more clear, why should I use my energy, or “good vibe/energy” on people who are treating me (and/or others) poorly instead of people I love and who love me? When, I have a limited ammount of energy to spend apart from obligations. If you want to build yourself as patient, or understanding by the power of praxis inmaniensis, then sure, but that’s about it.

3 Likes