Free DLCs and games @Uplay

Today’t the third day of freebies, and here’s one more - https://register.ubisoft.com/happyholidays2020-day3

I’ve also edited my Starlink post.

5 Likes

And i managed to miss it haah
Kinda wanted it then again I would prefer to have the starfox version on switch lol
Not too sure about the time zones in claiming :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: because I claimed dlc yesterday or maybe im just confused haha

6 Likes

You haven’t missed much. The game has microtransactions + the cherry on top:

All versions require Ubisoft Connect and Denuvo Anti-Tamper DRM.

Source: Starlink: Battle for Atlas - PCGamingWiki PCGW - bugs, fixes, crashes, mods, guides and improvements for every PC game

Never change, Ubisoft. /s

7 Likes

Just checked dis morning still yesterdays yesterday’s gift yep
They really need to include a timer cuz it 9am here lol I guess it’s the time zone in montreal? Or some US one. So i’m guessing it will be there by afternoon or evening by latest

4 Likes

According to their FAQ, it seems that the time zone that they’re using is CET.
Here’s a quote from it:

The event will be active from Monday, December 14, 2020, through Saturday, December 19, 2020. Check in each day starting at 2:00 PM CET to see what we have to offer. We’ll be giving away some titles for free on Ubisoft Connect PC, and there will also be in-game content that can be accessed through any platform the game is available on!

6 Likes

Thanks now I know when to visit x3
2pm is a strange time to update still lol

5 Likes

My dude, when you’ve posted that it was already past time to visit x3:D (day 3 was already on)

7 Likes

Until a friend of mine mentioned it, I had no idea that Trails Rising was part of a franchise and a spiritual successor to good old NES-era Excitebike, on whose ramps I spent many a childhood hour.

5 Likes

So the leak was right all along. So next giveaway will be in-game items for Hyperscape.

Anyway, here’s the link for the game - https://register.ubisoft.com/happyholidays2020-day4/pt-BR

Gameplay + Review below:

Again, install at your own risk:

All versions require Ubisoft Connect, Denuvo Anti-Tamper, and VMProtect DRM.

Source - Trials Rising - PCGamingWiki PCGW - bugs, fixes, crashes, mods, guides and improvements for every PC game

3 Likes

Yee yeap I visited just after I posted :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

So much of this denuvo stuff ouch

4 Likes

Yep. Mostly because Ubisoft is a notorious anti-piracy zealot, not to mention the amount of microtransactions they put in their games just like EA. It’s just another corporation with double standards.

4 Likes

Honestly, I don’t know about that. Excitebike was like a Motocross game, while Trials came from some old motorcycle trial browser flash game. Motorcycle Trial is a sport of balance and overcoming obstacles, it’s quite different sport compared to Motocross. The first games were more into that than the later ones.

This was the first game, and yes it’s the same developer RedLynx that made it.

It is possible that there is some older hidden gem moto trial game that might have inspired them. Don’t get me wrong, Excitebike was a big game for many and it sparked a lot of motorcycle games. :smile:

If you’re interested in the actual sport, here’s a little bit of it, those bikers are insane. There’s also outdoor events.

6 Likes

Likely the first trial game: Action SuperCross.

5 Likes

I went on and looked into it, found this right here and it could possibly be the first one. lol

There’s also a sequel.

8 Likes

:smiley: this is actually more akin to the modern Trials games than SuperCross is:D Way before my time though.

4 Likes

Interesting - I hadn’t heard of Kikstart before.

I’ve watched some Trial events - it’s quite extraordinary what those riders can do, but I’m not enough of a mobike sports connoisseur to have subcategorized while referencing them. Close enough in my book… all my bike riding is done with both wheels firmly on the ground. :smile:

3 Likes

Hey guys. Everytime I try a link, it says the giveaway is over. Today, it’s in Spanish to boot. Not sure what to make of this.

2 Likes

Are you clicking the link from the OP or those day-specific ones from other posts?

3 Likes

Here’s the last one - Ubisoft | Welcome to the official Ubisoft website

Dec 18th: In-game items for Hyperscape

3 Likes