Free: Conan Exiles Dev Kit (Via Epic Games Store)

lol that explains it then :rofl:
oh well, i’m no modder so i’m definitely not gonna use this one then :wink:

3 Likes

Changed the title to “Dev Kit”, seems like false advertising on the website, and sorry if i got people hyped with this.

6 Likes

lol tbh that’s pretty poor page setup by Epic, only listed on the site’s front page it’s a mod section and dev kit, the package page itself has 0 mentions of it, looks every bit as newly setup store page for a game with a freebie promo that wouldn’t have purchase option :thinking:

not your fault, 100% on epic or whoever runs that page, there is 0 mention of it anywhere, even the url looks straight up like a game’s store page link https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/conan-exiles/home guessing that would pull the pants down on most that didn’t happen to stop by epics front page and scroll all the way to the bottom :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

5 Likes

It’s not Epics fault you people cant read, aside from it being in the Mod Editor section of the store page, when ordering it it clearly says Conan Exiles Dev Kit on the side. Yes, it could be a bit clearer but its still pretty clear.

1 Like

I saw it posted on steam that it’s free so i quickly made a thread about it here as well to let people know, but it looks like they pulled the announcements off, as they most likely realized it’s the Dev Kit.

3 Likes

It’s not that we can’t read, we just chose to neglect the parts of things that are seemingly unpleasant in ways… such as “Dev Kit” after the name of the game.

all is well, no harm done. :slight_smile: I am still happy to get promo updates and hear about freebies any time!

3 Likes

except if you check the url it doesn’t say that, at all. only if someone was “on the front page” to notice the mod tool section tag, would that be seen (which wouldn’t happen with a direct link such as this)
-and if it’s on the cart checkout page then yea i totally missed that and that’s on me :man_facepalming:,
but the url doesn’t hint it, and the page itself doesn’t either, and that by definition is poor design, “clear, simple, visible” :triumph:

3 Likes

so you can’t actualy play this game? It’s just a creation kit? :thinking: :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

4 Likes

correct :+1:
160gb mod tool

5 Likes