Free Armillo @ Steam

https://store.steampowered.com/app/349520/Armillo/

Its a game, its free to keep, take a look, grab it if you wish

27 Likes

So how many of you misread it and thought it’s Armello ? :smiley:

19 Likes

Guillty

8 Likes

Free for a limited time, not free to keep forever nor +1 libary. Just FYI.

8 Likes

I just thought my arm was feeling poorly “Arm, ill. O!”. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

7 Likes

That’s a result of a mix-up. Fix pending: Steam :: Armillo :: Events

11 Likes

Thanks, @PeteMcc :heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation:

5 Likes

6 Likes
4 Likes

Quick update: We just found out that the game is set to free to play and not free to own, so we’ve contacted Steam to help fix this. Sorry about this inconvenience as we really intended for people to own the game for free.

Just so that people are aware.

6 Likes

This just became free on steam today. Now, im not sure if its the same issue as with Armillo, but we’ll see. Did not make a new topic because im not sure, as I stated previously.

7 Likes

@skunkz0r, I believe Eschalon: Book 1 has been free for quite some time.

Yup, quick look at ITAD shows that it has been that way for almost two years:

7 Likes

I was made free in February 2017. Both on Steam and GOG:

5 Likes

Oh wow ok I guess I am a “little” late. A friend told me about it. I’ve been tricked!

3 Likes

I notice that I actually got “Eschalon: Book I” free on GOG.com on 6/7/2017. I don’t know if it is still free there as well. Thanks. :thinking:

(oh, I just now see others also mentioned that, sorry)

3 Likes

Looks like Fuzzy Wuzzy Games Inc. got screwed by Steam’s criteria for pricing. I am blindly guessing that they didn’t initially set a price and requested for Free To Own, and Steam reinterprets that as a Free To Play game without said initial price. And I’m also blindly guessing that a price/Free To Own promotion can be set after a month has passed as Free To Play, as some sort of arbitrary Steam period thing. So, this is now stuck as Free To Play for a month before it actually becomes time limited to own. I feel bad for the devs who wanted to make a consumer friendly promotion, only to have their launch go completely free for too long of a period now. They can’t recuperate costs during this time and demand changes as time goes on. But again, that’s me reading too much into this and blindly guessing.

Edit: This also means it’ll have a price tag for some time before it becomes Free To Own. Maybe for another month?

5 Likes

That sounds about right. Here are Steam’s discounting rules:
https://partner.steamgames.com/doc/marketing/discounts

Launch discounts can be a max of 40%, so they couldn’t launch the game with a 100% discount, the only way to make the game free at launch is to make its base price 0. There’s a 6-week cooldown between discounts (irrelevant here since F2P is not a discount), and you can’t run a discount within 30 days of a price increase. What this likely means is that they’ll increase the price after the launch period, then have to wait 30 days to do a 100% discount. Or, perhaps they’ll try to arrange it sot hat everyone who downloaded the game while it was F2P will get to keep it once it goes paid.

(Incidentally, those rules say you can’t have 100% discounts, so perhaps they’re outdated, since 100% discounts seem to be a thing now.)

6 Likes

Tried the game out for a few minutes, it’s like a PS2 gen graphics version of a 3D Sonic game. No Vsync so I asked about it in the forums, where people are complaining that it’s a F2P game instead of a Free for a limited time game… :man_facepalming:

Played a few more minutes, reached a game-freezing bug. Went to forum, saw that two other people had the same issue. It seems that the game wasn’t really all that well play-tested yet.

6 Likes