Forum Thread Pinning Issue (Solved by Gnuffi)

We are having a discussion about some threads being globally pinned, and I realized that there’s an issue here:

This seems to be the default for me, when I click the pin and pin it so it displays this:

At the bottom it changes to Pinned Globally:

Then I would leave the thread and come back, and it would return to Unpinned:

So the default keeps running back to Unpinned thread, and I don’t know what’s going on, since it seems to be Globally pinned for some people… :man_shrugging:

I feel like this is something that maybe @lonin or @frst can help with, but maybe with the bigger Chrono admin team, someone else too?

EDIT:
Just tried switching the bottom drop down to “Pinned Globally.” It would switch appropriately, I would go to the main forum list and it would be pinned at the top. Then it would revert back to “Unpinned” as soon as I go back into the thread, and it would fall off the pedestal again.

3 Likes

you can’t pin stuff globally, only mods can, what you are applying is “personal pin”
-which then might conflict with the global pinnig, unsure
but like i mentioned the steam thread is globally pinned for me (without me touchign anything)

not signed in, fresh browser

(appears same when signed in too)

3 Likes

For some reason, it’s Globally Pinned for you, but for me, it’s Unpinned.

I am not saying I am outstanding in any way…

But in this regard, my account seems to be standing out from the rest of the Chrono crowd?

3 Likes

out of curiosity, how does your profile settings look

you happen to have that bottom one ticked?

5 Likes

@Gnuffi, you crazy gnome!!!

How did you manage to even find that? LOL!!!

Thanks! (Problem fixed.)

5 Likes

:blush:

idono, i just stick my head in random boxes in the basement and rummage around :smile:

happy it works :hugs: :+1:

4 Likes

ok, on to the next subject at hand, where is @xist?

6 Likes

stuck in apex? :thinking:

5 Likes

hm, let me launch Origin, lol

4 Likes

Likely:

https://206.81.1.216/t/recently-played-games/4634/359?u=yqmaoski

EDIT:
I wish that the specific profile pic tagging of these linked posts could/would be corrected. But I know this was tackled before, and it seems to be a Discourse issue.

3 Likes

rofl, he actually is playing right now, i saw he hasn’t been here for a while, and he hasn’t opened Steam in 2 days, which is like an emergency or something in itself

asked him: u stuck?

answer: no answer

must be in a 1v3 situation trying to clutch and carry his team to victory like the badass-one-man-army-Rambo-FPS stud he is

7 Likes

@Gnuffi dude they have WiFi in Cairn?

4 Likes

yea, apparently if you stick a couple of swords in a Groble, add a bit of lightning, you get one helluva connection :wink:
:smile:

4 Likes

Fun fact: the Great Gnuffi Schism (the day where his alts became autonomous and broke away from the original) came from a dispute over the use of a Light Theme.

Dark Theme Forever

8 Likes

I have been using the Dark Theme since day 1 of implementation. It’s just easier on my eyes, especially at night.

7 Likes

^signed in :wink:

:smirk: covering all the alt angles :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Oh, how misunderstandings can tear us all apart…

5 Likes

Don’t know why but I don’t get pop ups for messages…only see them after I quit. But yes, I’m kind of being consumed…

I have literally done nothing else in my free time but play Apex…

9 Likes

Wait we have a dark theme!?!?

7 Likes

Click your Profile Pic, then the Gear.

Preferences > Interface.

After that, have a professional check it out to make sure the eye damage caused by light theme isn’t permanent.

7 Likes